87 Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
everytime i see a pic of your engine bay i try to do a lil cleaning on mines.still no where near clean since my engine is in the car :blam: ..is their any way to clean my vaulve covers while my engine is in the car ? its alot of oil build up and gunk under my hood..glad elco warren gave me some gloves :mrgreen:

Just take em off fam. Lil purple power and the a lil Rustolium Hi temp paint. New gaskets and your good. A lil bit each day is how I did it. My engine was in the bay also. Just gotta get a plan together and tape everything off. Gotta take your time also....Im sprayin parts right now. Interior plastics. Comin out ok.....

Elco Warren

ok will be working on my engine today...cant wait to see how the interior comes out...cutlass should be back in traffic by the end of the month hopefully...taking my time instead of rushing

Cool. Thats the best way to do it fam. Just take your time. I wanna be out there hittin donuts and stuff too but that will happen in time. I need to get up to autozone and get this adhesion promoter. Lazy. LOL! But Here's a quick pic. Im doin all the panels in satin SEM black and the lil trim in gloss black...
TTOP Tony Hooked me up!! Thats over $45 in SEM. Tony wouldnt take the loot for it. I got you bruh! Preciate this. Thanks fam!

5503564345_212d90fed2_b.jpg

Front Cutty 442 door pulls in gloss black.-SEM 15233. I need the plastic inserts for these

5504152368_e0b8ee2205_b.jpg

Rear arm rest in gloss black-SEM 15233.

5504214940_ab9d36d269_b.jpg

Cutty 442 upper panels in satin black.SEM 15243

5503620389_9a0dd7d4f9_b.jpg

5503625703_3c9324c0cf_b.jpg

5504213008_8a11c73fd3_b.jpg

5504218910_382217f177_b.jpg

All these parts will be professionally done later. This gives me an idea of how the black/chrome and silver will look. As soon as I get off my lazy butt I'm headed to get the adhesion promoter. Then Im going to spray the seats a gloss black and tape it off. Then do the piping in silver. The seats will be wrapped in a perferated vinyl-leather like material later when the cashflow is right. Should flow. I most def gotta do the rear 03 Monte Carlo SS upper seat mod like Tony has. BAD A$$! :twisted: Thanks for checkin back...

Large panels are up next. Doin those in satin black SEM 15243

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

coming out nice fam, well "for what it is" lol... can't go wrong with that satin black. can't wait to see it all in the car when u get the seats done.

T-TOP TONY said:
damn Warren that came out real good bro. Much props!!

Thanks T!!! Fam after seeing your interior, I had to get on mine. Maad inspiratoin over ther! Almost done. Just did the first coat...

melman109 said:
coming out nice fam, well "for what it is" lol... can't go wrong with that satin black. can't wait to see it all in the car when u get the seats done.

You better believe its comin out nice for what it is! And the paint is bored over .50!!!LOL! Got 1 more piece to paint and its a wrap for all the panels. I like the satin cuz I can "shine it up" for the shows and then return back to oem looking. I did use high gloss on some parts. Used some Dupli-Color adhesion promoter. I got 1 more coat of SEM satin black to do and its all good. Then I'm lettin it dry and tapin off the door panels for the silver pinstrip. SHould be cool for a homegrown jobber.

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
melman109 said:

You better believe its comin out nice for what it is! And the paint is bored over .50!!!LOL! Got 1 more piece to paint and its a wrap for all the panels. I like the satin cuz I can "shine it up" for the shows and then return back to oem looking. I did use high gloss on some parts. Used some Dupli-Color adhesion promoter. I got 1 more coat of SEM satin black to do and its all good. Then I'm lettin it dry and tapin off the door panels for the silver pinstrip. SHould be cool for a homegrown jobber.

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Hahahahahahahaha :rofl: YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!! I think adding the gloss in some areas will give it a good contrast. the silver pinstripe will help with that as well.

melman109 said:
Hahahahahahahaha :rofl: YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!! I think adding the gloss in some areas will give it a good contrast. the silver pinstripe will help with that as well.

LOL! Yessir! I did one of the panels with the pinstriping. I like the look, but it was the wrong shade of silver. But it gave me a nice idea of how it will look. I could also get some chrome pisntriping tape. That would look cool as well. I just did it right quick to see if I liked it. I would also do the platic stripe that the pistripping sits in a gloss black. Got the rest of the parts done. One more to go. Its the back paneling that the seat belt goes thru. Man some of the plastics looked like they had been to hell and back. I didnt want to sand em and possibly smooth the texture. The satin glass helps hide it. I have a second set of interior parts at my boys body shop I can spray later...

Panel before...

5507195531_69f94f543f_b.jpg

After I tried the pinstripe look. I liked it, but I grabbed the wrong silver..

5507246343_fbca07f861_b.jpg

5507847432_2703e61d47_b.jpg

Other parts sprayed...

5507193713_3db212a6bf_b.jpg

Got the car fired up also. Had a small fuel leak. Didnt have one of the inlets tight enough. I did the two wrench method to tighten it up this time. Im always scared I'm gonna overtighten. No leaks. But its running rich biig time i think. The fumes where burning my eyes. I'll read up on the carb tonight at work about how to make adjustments on it......

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor