87 Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
That transmission is so wet man you a wizard with them spray cans and you done went and took the front end off to do some painting and powder coating .Whens the madness gonna stop ,you killin me man ,everytime I look at one of your threads i gotta go back to the drawwing board lol,good work man keep that inspiration coming...

Precitae that bruh!! Im gettin good at tearing stuff apart! LOL! But putting it all back together shouldnt be a prob. I got all the nuts/bolts and lil stuff tagged and bagged. I also have vids and pics of everything before and during the tear down. Plus I got you guys here on the forums if I get in a jam. Its all about learning! Thanks again for checking back :D

Just woke up. Out in the "shop" in my pj's wrenchin. LOLOL! :rofl:

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Wrong thread :mrgreen: Didnt get anything done today on the old guy. Need to hit the spot up for some POR-15 and supplies. Imma start that "clean up" project when I get back from AZ

Elco Warren 8)

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
Bruh that breakdown looks so good man I can't wait to see the ss again after the next stage of work. I see your really about to bring that wow factor alright with the twins. All I know when it's all said and done your going to have to let me drive it a few blocks around moval 1 time. Your going to love that por-15 so much it's 1 of the best after market companies that supply rust/ paint product for cars and I just love the stuff.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
youngdeezy said:
Bruh that breakdown looks so good man I can't wait to see the ss again after the next stage of work. I see your really about to bring that wow factor alright with the twins. All I know when it's all said and done your going to have to let me drive it a few blocks around moval 1 time. Your going to love that por-15 so much it's 1 of the best after market companies that supply rust/ paint product for cars and I just love the stuff.

Oh trust me bruh. When its running we gonna try to break the 9" rear thats goin in it!! LOL! My motivation is the SS thats out your way. Bruh that would be SSweet if you could find out more info on his build for me. Imma hit him up on youtube also.. Man Im a huuuuge fan of POR. The G National 8.5 rear thats in the SS now is done in Por. Really smooth. Yessir. Im getting all the parts and stuff together so I can sand blast the whole front clip right in the "shop" :wink: Gonna get a couple of plastic drop clothes and duct tape em and make a ghetto rigged blasting booth. H Freight has all the safety gear and everything I'll need to get it done. "Foose" will find me a 5.3l for now just to get things goin. But I will eventually have a 6.0 GTO with 6 speed setup rebuilt to handle twins. (I think thats the one I want) The trucks are the "LQ4" setups and the cars have the "LS" right? Imma hit LS1tech up. Been a member over there for a while but never really looked into it until now. Cant wait. The motor will be my bday/Christmas present :mrgreen: Thanks for swingin thru bruh.

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiez

Dave V

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2011
lq9 truck 6.0 is not bad either but ill make u a deal if you gonna get a deal on the 5.3 lq4 when your ready to sell i want 1st dibs on buying it cause then i just may go lq4.....cant wait till you get this thing running....

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
youngdeezy said:

Oh trust me bruh. When its running we gonna try to break the 9" rear thats goin in it!! LOL! My motivation is the SS thats out your way. Bruh that would be SSweet if you could find out more info on his build for me. Imma hit him up on youtube also.. Man Im a huuuuge fan of POR. The G National 8.5 rear thats in the SS now is done in Por. Really smooth. Yessir. Im getting all the parts and stuff together so I can sand blast the whole front clip right in the "shop" :wink: Gonna get a couple of plastic drop clothes and duct tape em and make a ghetto rigged blasting booth. H Freight has all the safety gear and everything I'll need to get it done. "Foose" will find me a 5.3l for now just to get things goin. But I will eventually have a 6.0 GTO with 6 speed setup rebuilt to handle twins. (I think thats the one I want) The trucks are the "LQ4" setups and the cars have the "LS" right? Imma hit LS1tech up. Been a member over there for a while but never really looked into it until now. Cant wait. The motor will be my bday/Christmas present :mrgreen: Thanks for swingin thru bruh.

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiez
they are all refered to as LSXs really and they all differ a little as far as names, LQ/LM/or just L motors as far as the trucks, some were vortec max, some aluminum block, some irom block, different cams, different sizes, etc. a nice 6.2 can be had, with some patience, for a good deal...

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Ive found you three 5.3s and you say no thanks to them...

anyhow little update since Warren being all hush hush... found him a 305. so we gonna jump on that and take our time with it... after im done with its initial phase Warren can put his touch on it... then its on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor