Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
El Correct O!
I see some guys on here that used the word "Budget" and I'm thinking not at my house. Budget is relative to disposable income and priorities. There are some budgets on here I'd love to have.
it is relative,i see some stuff folks buy on here and i say damn good for them..(y)

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Nice progress!

I'm impressed what you're getting done in the that small garage in the winter.

If you decide that you need buckets and want a center console I've got one (also in st Paul area) that's just missing the lid.

Maybe I'll see it around this summer? Gives you a target date to get it done ;)

Reactions: 2 users

RegalRegal

Greasemonkey
Nov 30, 2020
St. Paul, Mn
I’m following now.

Love this, and I’m in with the NA LS3, but……….carb and LS is like a cats and dogs - to me haha.

Your car , do what you want. I’m just picking. But a single box to run the coils and TB would be a clean setup.

Looks like you have your work cut out for you with body. Geesh, it didn’t look that rusty in the previous pics .

Keep the faith brother and get r done.
Hey thanks, I was also surprised how much rust, ugh. We will see after blasting how she looks.

As for carb, that's just to break in on run stand. My friend that builds and turned me onto the ls runs carb in his car and it is pretty fast. I ultimately would like to run the Holly Terminator X with Trans control. But seems like a ways out.

Reactions: 1 user

RegalRegal

Greasemonkey
Nov 30, 2020
St. Paul, Mn
Nice progress!

I'm impressed what you're getting done in the that small garage in the winter.

If you decide that you need buckets and want a center console I've got one (also in st Paul area) that's just missing the lid.

Maybe I'll see it around this summer? Gives you a target date to get it done ;)
Thank You, I work with what I have, as long as it's heated I'm good.

I bet my Dad, burnouts by May Day. I am not sure I can but I am going to try. He doesn't think I will ever get it done and gets overwhelmed just going in my garage.
What color is the console and seats. I too have a console with no lid, but it is light grey and I'm not sure what I'm doing yet with interior.

Ps Look for the Regal in primer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Hey thanks, I was also surprised how much rust, ugh. We will see after blasting how she looks.

As for carb, that's just to break in on run stand. My friend that builds and turned me onto the ls runs carb in his car and it is pretty fast. I ultimately would like to run the Holly Terminator X with Trans control. But seems like a ways out.
Sounds like you probably know this already, there is not a more economical way to run an LS and 4L__E than a Terminator X Max. Budget might not be your concern, but functionality is great. You can always use a Dominator as well, just more than double the price.

May is a goal, good luck. Your wife must be understanding lol. Very attainable, but plenty of time will be invested between now and then. FWIW, I like how you think ;)

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Thank You, I work with what I have, as long as it's heated I'm good.

I bet my Dad, burnouts by May Day. I am not sure I can but I am going to try. He doesn't think I will ever get it done and gets overwhelmed just going in my garage.
What color is the console and seats. I too have a console with no lid, but it is light grey and I'm not sure what I'm doing yet with interior.

Ps Look for the Regal in primer.

I don't have seats, sorry for the confusion. The console is Santa suit red. Came out of a 78 turbo regal.

There is a set of decent-ish high back non reclining buckets in brown at the yard in Willmar missing the seat tracks if you are looking for a set of good core OEM buckets.

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
He talks about having 2 machines set up, one for sheet metal, the other for frames 'n such.

He is good at his craft by de jeesus by.

You'll know what that last part meant...

R.

He makes a lot of his own tools too.

Favorite vid that got me to watch more was grafting a 2014 fuel door into a 68-72 truck box... he calls his method "cut 'n butt" (with a very good explanation)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-154405_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220202-154405_Samsung Internet.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

RegalRegal

Greasemonkey
Nov 30, 2020
St. Paul, Mn
Sounds like you probably know this already, there is not a more economical way to run an LS and 4L__E than a Terminator X Max. Budget might not be your concern, but functionality is great. You can always use a Dominator as well, just more than double the price.

May is a goal, good luck. Your wife must be understanding lol. Very attainable, but plenty of time will be invested between now and then. FWIW, I like how you think ;)
Yes, I was very impressed with the Holley product line. Im leaning towards the Terminator X Max. I have winters off allowing me to work on it more than some, but sadly that limits what I can spend currently. Once I get back I can buy some of those bigger items. Yes my very wife is understanding, I got a good one.
He talks about having 2 machines set up, one for sheet metal, the other for frames 'n such.

He is good at his craft by de jeesus by.

You'll know what that last part meant...

R.

He makes a lot of his own tools too.

Favorite vid that got me to watch more was grafting a 2014 fuel door into a 68-72 truck box... he calls his method "cut 'n butt" (with a very good explanation)
Thanks, he is very skilled and full of knowledge, definitely a motivator. When I watch someone do something , I get the motivated and think I can do the same thing with practice. Maybe?
Gotta start somewhere.

RegalRegal

Greasemonkey
Nov 30, 2020
St. Paul, Mn
Good enough for what you're doing.

Wire diameter works for/against you here. You want to use thinner .023" wire for the thin stuff. Thicker wire makes it harder to dial in the machine for good penetration w/o blowing the base material away. Thicker material like suspension brackets or equivalent (> .125") you'll want the thicker .030". Thick stuff that needs some heat, I like .035".
Finally switched out wire and boy that helped alot. Definitely more control of the heat going into panel.
For some reason I never looked into that.
Thanks again.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor