BUILD THREAD 87 SS, 305 is the one who knocks

Turbo Zach

Turbo Zach

Royal Smart Person
Sep 8, 2015
well dont be ashamed, i dont post here about the hours i work and the time spent ignoring everything that isnt selling car parts and such to buy all this junk. but yeah 7 year old girl thats in love with the car.
View attachment 113699
Well I am not ashamed, but you are the man! I really like the direction you are going with the car. My other car (when I get to it) will be built in a similar fashion. Your car is completely you and what you want. I love it!

jakes87SS

jakes87SS

Master Mechanic
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
Well I am not ashamed, but you are the man! I really like the direction you are going with the car. My other car (when I get to it) will be built in a similar fashion. Your car is completely you and what you want. I love it!
thank you. yeah making a g-body handle is fun. restomod/ pro touring style is the best making your old dream car modern reliable is the fun.

jakes87SS

jakes87SS

Master Mechanic
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
so this s10 master cylinder is broke new in box. i think we ran a gallon of brake fluid thru it and there is still a ton of air in the system so i think tomorrow its going back to the stock master cylinder kinda bummed about that but such is life.

jakes87SS

jakes87SS

Master Mechanic
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
tossed a new monte master back on it and it bled out in less than 5 minutes, dang shame. brakes are a bit softer than i remember but i suspect it has more to do with the amount of fluid this master cylinder has to move into the larger vette calipers.

jakes87SS

jakes87SS

Master Mechanic
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
so ive got the dakota digital dash about half installed, about 7 wires left to run, not gonna say i thought this would be easy but holy crap this is a bit involved. wanna add dakotas cruise control system and perhaps the tpms system, auto power locks and the retained pwr accessories and fader dome lights.

also want to order the truck carpet kit and window racer mod from g-body parts but cant come to terms with the way they operate.

jakes87SS

jakes87SS

Master Mechanic
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the oil pressure goes down a shade once she warms up but only about 15 pounds.

jakes87SS

jakes87SS

Master Mechanic
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
so got the cluster wired in somewhat programmed. all the bulbs are led it worked before we tore the cluster out. new dakota digital dash in blinkers wont blink it already has a led flasher. swapped to 2 grounded flashers, made no difference added 2 dummy turn signal bulbs inline using 194s to add more current pull. it starts working. then we shut the car off come back from lunch and they wont work again with the bulbs, im at a loss here.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor