BUILD THREAD 87 SS, 305 is the one who knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
That's cool! I had tried some photo-morphing program, but, alas, I wasn't smart enough to make it work. I wanted to do a morphing GIF of the Pig's transformation.
Oh, and 1 of your pics is upside down.
i used imgflip to make it happen. the engine out upside down is intentional its my equivalent of a flag upside down on a boat to signal things have went south lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
brakes got bled cheap pypes glass pack mufflers swapped for flowmaster 40's looked into the trunk and decided my big *ss wasn't going in there today and lost all motivation called it a win and went back home to mow the yard an cook a steak. still hoping to have the shifter and gauges in next week for cars and coffee at work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
well pulling this console gave me a minute to contemplate how faded out the carpet is i lack the patience to wait for carpet at this point so ill deal with that later.

iqY9pfY.jpg

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
stealth ratchet shifter installed, still have to figure out how i'm covering that enlarged hole in the console, adding the oversize change tray from dixie while i'm there even though its gonna likely be covered by my cup holder from mikes montes.
likely won't have that dakota digital dash in for the first show this sunday the sender unit for the gearshift for the cluster took way too long to figure how to bolt up with the monstrous trans pan on my car but its on there now.still have to add the shifter grips in there doing the 2 button grip for line-loc and nitrous strange that the 2 button pad doesn't work with the spacers they send with the kit, they only work with the one button spacer lol, such is life, a lil more grinding ain't much at this point tbh.

zpqMs42.jpg

so finish the cluster and make my cig lighter work so i can charge my phone is about all that's left for spring work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
So the shifter is completely installed, we had to cut a bit more out than i anticipated so i need a shifter boot to cover up the hole i cant find one that is the right size
xHIsXXN.jpg

i couldn't for the life of me find anything from summit or jegs that worked so i went to ebay and found this gem, its supposed to be here monday now. short boot will do the lock out release just fine.

1557958152057.png

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I admire how much you've gotten done to that car in such a short time.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
well dont be ashamed, i dont post here about the hours i work and the time spent ignoring everything that isnt selling car parts and such to buy all this junk. but yeah 7 year old girl thats in love with the car.
View attachment 113699
Well I am not ashamed, but you are the man! I really like the direction you are going with the car. My other car (when I get to it) will be built in a similar fashion. Your car is completely you and what you want. I love it!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor