BUILD THREAD 87 SS, 305 is the one who knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
so went and did some spirited dr
Yep, fix it lol. Just kidding man. You gotta remove the wheel, pretty much all the guts(turn signal cam, ignition cylinder, etc to get down to the torx head bolts. There are 4 of them and most likely they're loose. Remove them, clean the threads and put some blue thread locker on them, install. Then just reverse the removal process and bam!
as it continued to get worse i decided it was time to fix it, i was afraid it wold be so bad id need a new column but turn out just needed the ole loc-tite and re torqued, i added the steering wheel i got from 83montess. super cool dude, went and did some cruising up around lake erie that day then got home and got started on this i think the new wheel really makes it look different. the b&m stealth ratchet shifter is covered up by a 86 toyota pickup 4wd 5speed shifter boot.

5VohVKI.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
so after taking summer to enjoy all these modifications, i have noticed a few issues, those vette brakes take a lot of fluid and once the caliper fully retracts it will randomly have a excessive amount of pedal travel on quick stops, so i ordered wilwood blue 2psi pressure retainers so it will hold fluid there and keep me from having random pucker moments with pedal travel and maybe that pressure retention will make for a consistent pedal feel that will result in the rears getting used a lil less under super hard braking it can want to tighten them up a bit to much that once or twice has resulted in slight over steer on turns under braking if that doesn't help enough i will also get a adjustable wilwood prop valve.

next, and this one is my fault i rand fuel lines a bit to close to my headers and twice on super hot days it resulted in the car dying and not restarting for about 5 minutes, pretty sure i managed to boil the fuel and vapor lock it. instead of doing the right thing and re-routing i'm gonna try dei extreme heat sleeving it and if that doesn't fix it next year when it's hot again then i will reroute. once parts come in i'll post a pick, i just ordered them at work today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
well, still waiting on that check valve. fedex delivered a empty bubble wrap envelope with a hole. went out for a drive even though the sky looked like it was ready to rain at any moment, the weather service said zero chance of rain and they were right it looked like it could go monsoon at any moment.

HPoQs4s.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Great picture in front of the church!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor