BUILD THREAD 87 SS, 305 is the one who knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
dont know if i just now got around to noticing it but my steering column flops around alot i think there's a thread about that or something i need to do someone chime in if u know what needs to happen to fix it
Yep, fix it lol. Just kidding man. You gotta remove the wheel, pretty much all the guts(turn signal cam, ignition cylinder, etc to get down to the torx head bolts. There are 4 of them and most likely they're loose. Remove them, clean the threads and put some blue thread locker on them, install. Then just reverse the removal process and bam!

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
Yep, fix it lol. Just kidding man. You gotta remove the wheel, pretty much all the guts(turn signal cam, ignition cylinder, etc to get down to the torx head bolts. There are 4 of them and most likely they're loose. Remove them, clean the threads and put some blue thread locker on them, install. Then just reverse the removal process and bam!

when those are the issue does it seem like the column can move up or down about a inch or is that some sort of bearing?

Last edited:

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
whn those are the issue does it seem like the column can move up or down about a inch or is that some sort of bearing?
Sounds about right. Typically the knuckle?? joint doesn't go bad unless it doesn't have any grease. If those bolts back out just a few threads it will do it.

Reactions: 1 user

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
What did the dyno return numbers wise? That's a nice car, I prefer the squared off rear to the aero coupes.
260 whp but i was just out of the brake in period with base timing and no tune on the fi-tech on a 350 with decent heads and intake that are on it, i believe with some timing and a tune i can get that closer to 290 whp but hard to say i still have a stroker kit in mind.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor