Jul 29, 2014
Nice build!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
It looks great Stavin, I'm certainly jealous. Currently a build like this is out of budget for me, unfortunately.

However once I finish doing the body rebuild on my 87 LS I might have to consider what I do with the situation under the hood! And I certainly want to!
I'm sure it's pretty expensive getting parts out by you! Nice project yourself!

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
Got the Radiator secured as well as the Ramcharger electric dual speed fans. Still deciding on wiring the fans to ECM control or leaving them switched power?
Qjf0R8F.jpg

I was going to continue to modify the factory crossmember to work with my 6L90 trans but I came across the Holley Blackheart crossmember and decided it looked like a nice piece. Ordered it up along with the suggested adapter for the 4L80/90. Received it and promptly test fit the crossmember. The pre-drilled holes that meet the frame on either side were considerably short so I did have to elongate them. Other than that it fits pretty well. I didn't end up needing the adapter plate as the crossmember lined right up with the Energy Suspension mount.
v1qWb3j.jpg

tPTbaMU.jpg

ltVRvtA.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Any updates on this build?

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
Been bogged down a bit with odds n' ends the last few months. I have the harness integrated, Getting the gauges sorted-out, got the air intake situated, went back through the fuel tank setup, installed the drip tray, and installed the trans cooler. Currently troubleshooting the fuel pump as it isn't priming when I turn the key on. Hopefully getting close to firing it up!

Fuel setup
JhvWBhh.jpg

NpLoR2f.jpg

Trans Cooler
0yyFD8Z.jpg

Drip tray
4Dn0pZG.jpg

YGK6ZX7.jpg

Air Intake
E1wRaKm.jpg

9sWUjGf.jpg

Gauges
Lw42zVh.jpg

My3rKPK.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
Late Summer update!
Changed course on a couple things. Decided to consolidate and simplify some wiring and picked up the Dakota Digital RTX series gauges. I went with the RTX-86C-MC-X. I really dig the original/retro feel. Wiring was straight forward. Ended up troubleshooting the fuel gauge through all this and realized how gnarly the fuel sender setup was. Decided piece of mind can be expensive but worth it in the end so I ordered the Aeromotive Gen II stealth fuel tank (18449). Got some Dynamat down while everything is still torn apart. Then the slope became slippery and I ordered up the Lokar sport shifter (ESS66L90FM) in place of The B&M Megashifter. Though the Megashifter was nice, it was not to be. It was a little too tall and I couldn't get it to shift smoothly with the 6L90. Installed the Lokar on the same shifter baseplate I fabbed up earlier. Wired the Ramcharger fans up to the PSI harness so the ECM can conrol them instead of the manual switch they came with. I did however retain the switch as an override since it's already integrated.

WCOCaZn.jpg

5Osw3Ad.jpg

Quickie Video if the Dakota gauges (I'll get a better one up at some point)

jdgzqnR.jpg

PlnZwED.jpg

6m72vFQ.jpg

9fwakKm.jpg

Rudimentary wiring diagram I drew up for the Ramchargers to the PSI harness
qzxS2KR.png

Somewhere in between all this I decided to put it to the pavement to see how she sat. Probably a little low for the combination of a low trans pan and nasty Illinois roads. I'll have to scoot up the suspension a bit. Stance sure does look pretty though.
S6JCTaH.jpg

Next to my daily driver Legacy GT for reference
wvJ7T4W.jpg

More to come!

Reactions: 6 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Good work, nice stance to it as well. Glad to see you went Dakota and I agree it does have a really nice almost stock look

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor