93-02 camaro posi in 7.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason14x

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2021
Okay guys....what's the deal with this ? Series 4? Will it work in my G body?
Screenshot_20210415-233624_Google.jpg

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The GN axles have the right spline count, but are meant for an 8.5 differential. The groove for the C-clip axles has a bigger internal diameter, but the Torsen needs the smaller outer diameter 7.5/7.625 C-clips. Either get 8.5 clips and grind the outside down, or open up the inner diameter on some 7.5s
Also, you will probably find as I did that you need to take about 0.08” off the diff end of the axles to make them fit the Torsen C-clip location. I posted on this conversion in 2017, but I don’t have time right now to search this up for you. I used a pair of used 8.5 axles. You might post on the Forum for someone who upgraded to a GN 8.5 and bought new axle shafts. I went with a truck 30 spline in my 8.5, so I had these in spare.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Jason14x

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2021
Okay anyone know the best rear end ratio for best overall performance in my Monte? My Ls swap will be using either my 700R4 or the 4l60E that I got with the 5.3. As I mentioned the plan is 400-450 HP at the crank. I will want to be able to drive it on the highway and cruise comfortably at around 80mph. I am looking for the best trade off between off the line grunt and cruising comfort. I want to make sure so I can get the best posi rear end I can without having to spend more money .changing gearing. So I await you guys and all your knowledgeable advice !
Jason

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
Okay guys....what's the deal with this ? Series 4? Will it work in my G body? View attachment 173209

It's a Series 2, so only 3.08's and down.
4 channel refers to the ABS system that was originally used. That unit if still assembled has a "tone ring" behind the gear to provide the signal for the ABS sensor, just like you see on a front wheel hub on an ABS equipped rig.

Reactions: 1 user

Jason14x

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2021
What about the Jegs and Summit kits that fit with higher ratios? Yes ? No? Maybe? No issues with the ABS tone ring in my rear end ? I want to be able to drive on the highway at 75-80 without the engine screaming or rear end whining like a puppy in a cage !
Jason

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Need to know the tire size.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
It's a Series 2, so only 3.08's and down.
4 channel refers to the ABS system that was originally used. That unit if still assembled has a "tone ring" behind the gear to provide the signal for the ABS sensor, just like you see on a front wheel hub on an ABS equipped rig.

A 4 channel would have reluctors at the wheels. A 3 channel like what I assume my 93 had had a reluctor on the diff somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor