98~05 Blazer brake upgrade! DONE!

Longroof79

Longroof79

Geezer
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, they are identical. It bolted on the same, fittings in same spot, etc.
Thanks Scott,
I'm assuming it was from the earlier box style B-body....but I'll have to see for myself. I'm guessing the later B-body (whale style) has either 4-wheel discs or disc/drum combination.
The chances of finding later B-body cars is better than finding the old box body cars.

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Thanks Scott,
I'm assuming it was from the earlier box style B-body....but I'll have to see for myself. I'm guessing the later B-body (whale style) has either 4-wheel discs or disc/drum combination.
The chances of finding later B-body cars is better than finding the old box body cars.
If I had to guess it was mid 80's. But that is going purely off memory, and well I destroyed a portion of that in my younger days lol!

Longroof79

Longroof79

Geezer
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
If I had to guess it was mid 80's. But that is going purely off memory, and well I destroyed a portion of that in my younger days lol!
You're probably right there, Scott. We don't have to go into any further detail regarding what era we left some of our brain cells behind. :LOL:

Last edited:
Chris Chow

Chris Chow

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 16, 2017
Nor Cal
You guys realize the ONLY difference between the cast iron and brass proportioning valves is the metal they are made out of right? They will make NO difference in how your pedal feels at all.
Yes. I replaced mine because I believe it was contaminated and not working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

anton shylene

anton shylene

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2017
This is the same set up on my sonoma GT with C5 brake it like day an night in stopping power.

Attachments

Firetruck1

Firetruck1

Apprentice
Nov 1, 2017
I bolted the rear Blazer disc brakes on when I did my conversion and am very pleased with the results. Stock 88 Monte master cylinder and proportioning valve and everything works as it should.

Reactions: 83beater

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor