A little something to offend everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I wet sanded, primed, and wet sanded again with 320. Sprayed the valance and it came out okay. Then I sprayed the sound deadening patches on the bottom side of the hood. Previously the center one was black but the outer 3 were body color. Figured I'd just make them all the same.

Once the bottom of the hood was dry I flipped it and painted it as well as the top of the fenders satin black. It was glossier than I expected and looked like sh*t.
It showed a lot of imperfections plus it tiger striped pretty bad. So I ran back to the store for some flat black and tried again. Still glossier than I expected but I'll just live with it. Maybe after it cures overnight it'll mellow out.

The upside of the day was that my dad bought me a proper gas cap. No more ugly parts store Stant.

Reactions: 6 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
no matter what I do or what products I have tried semi-gloss black is my favorite looking and the hardest to lay down without striping.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Been fighting a cold for the last couple days and having a really hard time wanting to do anything. Peeled myself off the couch and went over this morning to slap it together. I'd almost forgotten to replace my hood release cable but luckily remembered right before screwing the grille in. I wasn't able to find a LHD assembly so I had to buy a RHD and swap the cable, which apparently isn't available separately.
I decided to leave my little lip spoiler off for now.

I drove it around the 3-4 mile loop again and it ran fine but idles a bit choppy sometimes. I'm thinking the really old gas isn't helping so I'll get some fresh stuff in there soon.
By this point in the day I was running out of steam and decided to play with a red grease pen to see what redlines would look like.

I'm getting kind of burned out on this thing so it may get sidelined for a few weeks. I really need to get an Idaho title coming for it too. There's just a couple minor things under the hood to wrap up. Then it's time to spiff up the interior a bit.

Reactions: 6 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
It actually is really fun to drive, just enough power to be scary if you want it to be. Makes all the right sounds and lights up the tires pretty easily. I'm just tired of working on it as pre-sale prep. Probably be a different attitude if I planned to keep it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Made a trip to the DMV on Wednesday to get the VIN inspected, tranfer the title, and get Idaho plates. I've driven it a little and so far, so good. It's back living in my garage now and out of my dad's shop. I still need to get back over there and tidy up a bit. Actually, I need to start packing.

Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Did a 60 mile loop today because my belly needed tacos.

Ran like a champ, everything still works. It's still as twitchy, rough, and full of rattles as it always was. My carpet kit should be here soon so then I can finish the interior and get it listed. It'll look great in someone else's garage.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor