Advanced auto parts morons

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercool86

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
They get upset when I grab the keyboard and turn the screen around and tell them what part number to write down and fetch. Recently some teenage girl told me I couldn't use my commercial account which I've had with them for 16 years because I changed our company number and it didn't match the one in their system. Even though I gave them the address, business name, and my name, the manager who I've dealt with for 6 years told me no. All because I couldn't remember the original phone number. Everybody who was knowledgeable or helpful has left. My business has left also.
You couldn't remember a number you had for 16 years?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Same here only go to the local places for simple stuff I can't be bothered to order online. And here I thought at 19 I was already a cynical a-hole. lol

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Im gonna be that guy that plays devil's advocate...the bottom line is they don't get paid for their knowledge. Nobody with knowledge like that is gonna work a minimum wage, part time job. Just sayin'

It would be like going to Walmart and asking an employee details about a ceiling fan. All they can do is read the box. That's why I do my homework before I go in there. I can't remember the last time I went in without a part number in hand. Never had an issue

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
You couldn't remember a number you had for 16 years?
I didn't have the number for 16 years buddy. It was changed a long time ago and it was never an issue and never needed the original number before which they failed to update in their system. As a regular who was on a first name basis with all of the managers over the years I never needed to worry about a cell phone number that belonged to my brother or myself years ago on a cancelled at&t account. My brother and I have owned 4 small businesses in the last 2 decades jointly, 2 of which are still operational. I've had multiple cell phone providers, numbers, business licences, locations, and tax id #'s. Your query isn't even accurate regarding my post. Who are you to be questioning me anyway?

commandercool86

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I didn't have the number for 16 years buddy. It was changed a long time ago and it was never an issue and never needed the original number before which they failed to update in their system. As a regular who was on a first name basis with all of the managers over the years I never needed to worry about a cell phone number that belonged to my brother or myself years ago on a cancelled at&t account. My brother and I have owned 4 small businesses in the last 2 decades jointly, 2 of which are still operational. I've had multiple cell phone providers, numbers, business licences, locations, and tax id #'s. Your query isn't even accurate regarding my post. Who are you to be questioning me anyway?
Who am I? Who am I?!? I'm just some Schmo who misread your story and who put his foot in his mouth...

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 users

cjk374

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 8, 2017
Louisiana
Here is another sad thought to ponder: most millennials (current forum members in this group not included) have no idea about the inner workings of automobiles in general. Most "kids" don't have access to old cars to work on. Most have no desire to work on cars when they break down. So the pool of knowledgeable people in the field of automobile repair has been shrinking over the years. The next 30-50 years will be much worse I'm afraid.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Here is another sad thought to ponder: most millennials (current forum members in this group not included) have no idea about the inner workings of automobiles in general. Most "kids" don't have access to old cars to work on. Most have no desire to work on cars when they break down. So the pool of knowledgeable people in the field of automobile repair has been shrinking over the years. The next 30-50 years will be much worse I'm afraid.
Ahhh the "blame the millenials" argument. So cliche

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
We could see if we could throw Uber under that bus since they run driverless cars in Pittsburgh to haul millenials around. But I'm not against slapping afew around for them to accept our views on cars.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

cjk374

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 8, 2017
Louisiana
Ahhh the "blame the millenials" argument. So cliche

No no no....it's not "blaming" millenials. They simply don't have the upbringing older people did. Cars now & in the last 10 years are built to be "throw away" cars. You don't do as much mechanical work on them because many models were not meant to last that long. Lots of computer work though.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Yeah, when I was looking for just bulk black/red 1/0 battery cable for my front to rear move, I went in to Oreilly's and asked if they had any, the kid looked dumbfounded, then said "oh, jumper cables are on aisle 4." NO! Bulk 1/0 AWG battery cable. He goes back behind and starts pulling all these spools of like 16-18-20AWG speaker wire down, looking at them. I said, that ain't it. He comes back up and asks "what year is it?" I walked out. It is sad but this commercial where the kids don't know how to change their tire without their insurance calling a tow truck for them is real . . .
is this a lug wrench? Um, maybe . . . :doh:

Bought the cable online . . .

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor