Advanced auto parts morons

Status
Not open for further replies.

84slow

Greasemonkey
Feb 6, 2017
Ontario.Ca
We got a similar store here in Canada called parts source you would ask for a part and the most common part they would say out of stock or give you the part and ends up not being the right one.. that's why I tell my friends there only good for air fresheners bulbs and paint

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I am going to Costco today to get a new Group 78 battery, which just because they can have decided to call a Type 5 to add to the confusion. Standardization is a thing people.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
If I can help it I always order stuff from Advanced Auto online, and then go pick it up at the store (it usually works out cheaper that way too, because of online discounts.) That way I can just get what I need. I always double check that the right part was picked, because sometimes it isn't. I've run into the listings sometimes being incorrect on the website too. But still, I'd rather order online than go asking at the store.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I was looking for the brake vacuum on that 800 cfm quadrajet when I first got it. The guy at part source couldn't understand what part I was looking for so to simplify things I grabbed the carb out of my trunk and placed it on the counter ready to show the guy where the fitting went. That was a mistake cause he asked me what that thing was....luckily the girl that works there who knows all about the simple cars came into work and she got the part out of the tray they store in the back.

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
After reading this thread, all I can say is I'm glad it isn't just me. Thought I was growing grumpier by the day. Now I know it's just the idiots really are getting worse.

Reactions: 1 user

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
I only go in those places for ATF, Anti Freeze and Brake Clean. I buy all my parts on line, mostly from Rock Auto. I have 0% patience any more dealing with idiots.
After reading this thread, all I can say is I'm glad it isn't just me. Thought I was growing grumpier by the day. Now I know it's just the idiots really are getting worse.
I have found I kind of like being a Grumpy old man...;)

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Tillrock

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2017
Northeast
I'm not going to lie, Advance Auto Parts where I am is the only spot that has parts for my Hurst, and some guys with know-how. I'm in a large city, so we also have O'Reillys, AutoZone, Napa, and CAP. Cap never has anything whatsoever. There is one Advanced Auto Parts near the old section of the city that has been an auto store forever. Guys that work there are old timers, and they always have everything for older or rare cars in-stock. Also still one of the only spots around that mixes their own paints on site. This place is old school.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
in general, just about all of the box stores are hiring more and more less qualified people, because they can get them in for cheaper than someone with experience, and hire them for part-time, so they won't have to pay for benefits and overtime..... sad that everything is getting to be all about the $$$, and not the service..... A manager at a store I wored at several years ago keeps asking if I'll come back to work for him, and I always tell him that if he opens his own store, I will, but it'll be a cold day in hades before I come back to Advance....

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I think the best is back in the '90's when my buddy's dad when to an Trak Auto (for those who remember them) to get a clutch for his truck. With cores in hand he was asked "is that for a manual or automatic?" He grabbed his cores & walked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor