Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
OK, now I know what's going on. I totally forgot '78 has a "Engine" light as the oil warning light. As noted by ELCAM, there'll be a tan wire for that circuit (#31, oil pressure) that will run to the back of the block. Either behind the distributor (most likely) or above the oil filter (sometimes there) will be where the oil pressure switch will be located. As long as there is oil on the dip stick & no knocking it could be just a bad switch, wire off the switch's terminal or a damaged wire on the positive side of the problem. If not it could be telling you there's some bad ju-ju going on inside.

Reactions: 1 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Perhaps it is an export dash of some kind.

Most 1978 warning light dashes I've seen have the "Engine" below the indicator. 1979 changed it up to the "Oil/Choke" with the oil can font. Maybe any members with a 1978 warning light dash could weigh in.

Below 1978 vs. 1979

1978-chevrolet-monte-carlo.jpg P1012087.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor