MONTE CARLO Alternator

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
an alternator that would not put out enough for the car the battery would drain. He has put on 3 alternators that he says burnt so I don't think they would all be junk remans

Reactions: 1 user

Flynnt50

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 10, 2020
Why? Stock is like 65 amps I think... These things didn't have much going on to eat up a lot of power, and he says he's got an LS swap so whatever it came out of probably required more juice than a typical G body.

I was worried my sound system would be a drain on the stock alternator in my elky... But it doesn't seem to make any difference. Volts seem to read just a little lower than before, but it's still close to 14 and the lights aren't dim or anything.

My bet is they're just junk reman units... Made with substandard parts.
Its a ac Delco regular alternator I do have a sound system but I highly doubt thats the issue

Flynnt50

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 10, 2020

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200813-081408_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200813-081408_Samsung Internet.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 108

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you need to get another alternator you could upgrade to the AD244, it uses the same plug and is not supposed to need the resistor. I have an AD244 and with the CS144 that I was using I had the resisitor so I used the same sire with he reisistor for the AD244 and it working great but I have read the AD244 doesn't need the resistor.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor