Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
rBVaJFlvNNOAGA9HAADDLhMYckU668.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Eric1971

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 19, 2020
Hi. guys, this is my first post on the forum. I apologize if I've posted it in the wrong place. I have an 88 Monte Carlo SS, that I just bought a fairly expensive car cover for and I want to put the antenna hole in the car cover in the right spot. Any suggestions? Also, the antenna is not a power antenna, but will the mast screw out of the flange nut that sits on top of the fender? Thanks in advance.
Thanks everyone for the comments. The mast came off perfectly. The easiest thing I've ever done to the car.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Yup, power antenna was not an option on SS, yet you could get it on other G Bodies! I put a power one on from a Pick n Pull Regal with the harness and mounting brackets. Fit perfectly inside the fender, had to remove the inner well to install it, but it looks good and works great. I wired it to a relay with an up and down switch by the radio, as it wouldn't work with the existing wire harness that the car came with. Apparently the Buick harness has some other connector at the radio I wasn't aware of. After market power antennas work too. I took a gamble as to whether the used one would work electrically at all.

Best thing is to remove the mast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor