Any snowmobilers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
LET'S SEE SOME SNOWMOBILING PHOTOS!

Don't laugh.. I've got about $1200 total into the 2 sleds and the trailer. Trailer needed some welding and new decking. The Skidoo needed a fuel line and a throttle cable and the Polaris needed some work on the rear suspension. Both have under 4000 miles, and I can beat on them like a 5-speed Mustang :!:

40ee3de10f6e__1319547049000.jpg

3c864f418c69__1319547133000.jpg

I was just taking care of a few loose ends last weekend before the GP project takes up the entire garage for the winter. Thought I'd share a method I thought of for easily removing a rear suspension. It was still kind of a pain in the butt, but I'd rather not roll a sled over on it's side just to get the suspension out.

88a6a00aad38__1319508508000.jpg

So who's got sleds around here? We're supposed to have a colder and snowier Winter than normal. Post up some pics!

Every year I think about buying one but it only snows deep enough to ride one for a month maybe here. I cannot justify buying one yet. Although with how cheap I have been seeing them lately it is extremely tempting. They are a bunch of fun. Ahh now I wanna go buy one haha.

Same for me Chris... I think about buying one ever summer when everyone is unloading their older sleds and buying quads and dirt bikes they go dirt cheap. But like it was said, we rarely get enough snow for them. Spending the money to only get a few days a year where you could actually ride it is just not worth it to me.

I want a good 4x4 ATV I've only ever had 2wd ATV's and dirtbikes and they get around in the snow pretty good... So a 4x4 must be a ton of fun. I used to ride through 8-10 inches of snow on my dirtbikes like it wasn't even there, when it gets hairy is when it melts and little then freezes over night and gets icy and you hit tracks you made the day before, that can throw you pretty quick. :lol: Which is what the typical Pennsylvania snow does... It melts a little during the day, and turns to a sheet of ice over night. :roll: I hate snow and ice, I wouldn't mind if it was just cold out... But I hate the snow and ice. :evil:

Oh ya we will get dumped on but it melts and goes away a week later. I have always hated winter in southern Michigan because it always looks like a frozen baron wasteland but not snow, just dead grass and ice haha. Sometimes it gets crazy for a month or a little longer but thats rare.

WOW the Northeast just got pounded!

2 million people with no power! I bet they got their sleds out today

motorholmes said:
LET'S SEE SOME SNOWMOBILING PHOTOS!

Don't laugh.. I've got about $1200 total into the 2 sleds and the trailer. Trailer needed some welding and new decking. The Skidoo needed a fuel line and a throttle cable and the Polaris needed some work on the rear suspension. Both have under 4000 miles, and I can beat on them like a 5-speed Mustang :!:

40ee3de10f6e__1319547049000.jpg

3c864f418c69__1319547133000.jpg

I was just taking care of a few loose ends last weekend before the GP project takes up the entire garage for the winter. Thought I'd share a method I thought of for easily removing a rear suspension. It was still kind of a pain in the butt, but I'd rather not roll a sled over on it's side just to get the suspension out.

88a6a00aad38__1319508508000.jpg

So who's got sleds around here? We're supposed to have a colder and snowier Winter than normal. Post up some pics!
Ou, you have such an old models, we have much modern version... :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 391081_10150470951671692_568251691_8631675_638028855_n.jpg
    391081_10150470951671692_568251691_8631675_638028855_n.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 678
So it's early January and still barely any snow in southern Michigan. This is why I cannot justify buying a snowmobile. If it did snow a bunch, I would for sure have a couple.

PGLM said:
Ou, you have such an old models, we have much modern version... :mrgreen:

Ahaha! There's an old orange Moto Ski Futura I keep drooling over every time I drive past it. I'm sure it doesn't even run..

Is that all snow that slid off your roof?
We're getting screwed here too. Warm and dry, no snow. Had the sleds out 1 day so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor