Are moog tie rod ends still worth the extra money??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim's China Rant is amusing. While I agree with his position of keeping manufacturing in the USA, he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about with regards to China.

* NAFTA is to blame for the outsourcing of America
* The Democratic party, most notably Bill Clinton is to blame for NAFTA. There is nothing fair about the so called free trade act.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lori-wallach/nafta-at-20-one-million-u_b_4550207.html
George H. W. Bush is the one who started the process of enacting NAFTA before he left office. Then dimwit Bill Clinton gets in office and signs off on it.

Hey man, can we keep the political stuff and arguments off of here please. This is about g bodies and parts, find somewhere else for your rant. Thanks

THIS.

With the upcoming year-long 3 ring circus we here in the colonies like to call a presidential election, I'm going to be a real jerk about this. As much as I'd like to trade insults with you all, can we just stick to the topics? Post your tirades on Facebook like everyone else. kthx.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled (and I pronounced that shed-oo-ald) thread

[ORIGINAL REPLY REDACTED]

OK, so yeah, I may have knee-jerked a bit on that one. I think we've got it all straightened out now, so carry on.

again.....

img13002483f99fda9516.jpg

I'm leaving the picture because MIchael Bolton is a gangsta.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alerch and drogg1
Most times with older vehicles, like G-bodies, you'll get "Made in USA" pieces as they generally aren't as fresh of stock as say tie rods for a 2005 Civic. These actually get replaced on a more regular basis at repair shops day-to-day as opposed to ones for 1986 Olds 442's.

Though you'll find more 1986 442's with their original tie rods as they had something way back then called a "grease fitting". Car manufacturers don't seem to know what those are anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: pontiacgp
the outter rods showed up, also made in USA. so I have come to agree with the link I posted earlier. some are made in USA and other are not. the parts I needed for my truck a few years ago were not. so as far as I can tell, G body tie rods are USA made! 🙂

• Agree
Reactions: pontiacgp
here is why I do not like to use of shore products on my car..

lower ball joint broke on the right doing about 65 mph
ball joint.jpg

and here is the result....keeping it off the guardrail and out of traffic trying to stop it
skid.jpg

skid 3.jpg

and what was left of a nearly new $180 tire
tire.JPG

^ Yes, tensile strength is always a concern. Definitely not an area to skimp. The only problem is, although it would be nice to only just sell MOOG stuff, most people would walk out the door if they had no other option once they hear the price.

yea I heard the price and went to amazon and ordered moog parts for the price of house brand parts in town. i saved 36 dollars plus tax that covered the UMI adjuster sleeves that I bought also. the parts stores prices are getting to the point that I wont buy anything unless I need it that day.

and here is the result....keeping it off the guardrail and out of traffic trying to stop it
skid-jpg.44675

Outstanding defensive driving. How much body work was required to restore the car?

Outstanding defensive driving. How much body work was required to restore the car?

none, and thanks but it was more desperation than defensive driving. I was going relatively straight so the wheel just came up into the wheel well and jammed in place. When ball joint broke there was a big bang and the car just dropped on the right and headed for the guardrail and all I could do was to try to turn left to avoid it and then let up so I would head back onto the road but I could use the brakes to try to stop cause that would lurch the car back onto the road. The OPP (state trooper) pulled up to me after I stopped it ans she was shocked I didn't hit the guardrail. The she asked if I called a tow truck but I had called the racing crew who showed up with a generator to run the grinder to cut the welds and welder to put a new ball joint in. There are tall truck ball joints which get welded in. She was surprised that I was going to be driving away after that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor