Automotive Stereotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
The definition of the word "donk" hasn't changed. The misuse of the word is irritating, especially when you have informed people of the correct meaning so that they may pass it along.

Example: It's equivalent to your '87 Grand National GNX being called a LeSabre everyday. You correct the person/people everyday, but they continue with their title/definition of what your car is to be called.

Who are u to say donk hasnt changed or to declare that. Because i see a whole lot of people saying donk and u and some retarded article saying otherwise.

And a gnx is a gnx. It says gnx on the car. Totally different. Donk is a vague, semi meaningless term whos meaning is whatever people attach to it......... throw some 26's on a gnx and paint it candy thats a donk. Donk. donk. donk. get over it and quit "correcting" people.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
If that's the case, every G-body is a Caprice from now on. The definition has changed.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
The meaning of a word doesnt change because 1 person says i change it. Almost everybody uses it how i said it and if somebody hears it they think big rims flashy. Still i am not trying to correct u but u out here tryin to correct me.

U missing the point that a word is what people give to it and the majority of people. Its like if i went around telling people car used to mean a dog is england in 1850 and correcting them. So what? We're here now.

I give up screw it.

Reactions: 1 user

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
This thread just went to trash

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
I tend to think of the 90's as GM's junk era....Lumina, Corsica, Beretta, Metro, Storm, Prizm, etc.

I think of the Pontiac 6000, the Buick Century, and the Olds Cutlass Ciera. I have an uncle who used to buy these cars one at a time for $400 or so, drive them for a year or until they blew up, and junk them and get $200 in scrap for them. He would never put a dime into them, just bought them and drove them till they broke. Scrap it and repeat. He isn't a car guy and knew the cars were total junk and I think that appealed to him. I think he enjoys driving beaters.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
I think of the Pontiac 6000, the Buick Century, and the Olds Cutlass Ciera. I have an uncle who used to buy these cars one at a time for $400 or so, drive them for a year or until they blew up, and junk them and get $200 in scrap for them. He would never put a dime into them, just bought them and drove them till they broke. Scrap it and repeat. He isn't a car guy and knew the cars were total junk and I think that appealed to him. I think he enjoys driving beaters.
I think the term you are pointing towards is disposable kinda like a paper plate you use and throw it away. The 90s to the horrible fwd 80s cars were all like that and my god do I ever love them

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Heh ima post a pic of the back of my 4Runner later for S&G. But can we not head down the "definition of a donk" road again? It's been played out so much here....

Back on topic. BMW's and Infinitis. Are turn signals an expensive option on these things or what? If I had a dollar... Well I'd have enough to get the "turn signal" package anyway

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
image.jpeg
Heh ima post a pic of the back of my 4Runner later for S&G. But can we not head down the "definition of a donk" road again? It's been played out so much here....

Back on topic. BMW's and Infinitis. Are turn signals an expensive option on these things or what? If I had a dollar... Well I'd have enough to get the "turn signal" package anyway
Thank you i can finally post what I found

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor