Automotive Stereotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
I think the term you are pointing towards is disposable kinda like a paper plate you use and throw it away. The 90s to the horrible fwd 80s cars were all like that and my god do I ever love them

I always liked them too, as awful and ugly as they were. They make great beaters, and I like beater cars. I like weird and ugly and crappy cars though.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Heeeyyyyy, wait a minute.....I own an OBS powerstroke! And it's usually muddy/dirty (2 miles of gravel road).

Everybody knows Cummins is the diesel to own, but you have to buy a damn dodge to get one.

Really not a big deal to me, Was looking for crew cab, and this came along CHEAP.

No trash can exhaust, though....and the pump is stock.

Rolling coal = throwing money out the pipe

5l15k55j13e53md3l5c5s54.png
Nice truck! I love my Cummins!! 1000 lbs-ft of torque, 65psi of boost and 17mpg.

I don't "need" it by any means since I don't tow with it but its fun, gets better fuel mileage than a half ton gasser and will pull anything I hook it to. Im not a big fan of rolling coal but it's impossible with mine. And yes it's built and tuned. Just the byproduct of massive injectors and slight turbo lag. No fart can or crazy exhaust tip for me. Just a 5" straight pipe from the turbo to the rear :)

The biggest stereotype I can't stand is the goddamn bro-tard truck scene these days. Normally identified by guys wearing skinny jeans, flat bill hats and obnoxious cowboy boots. Their trucks have 20x14" wheels with a 12 inch tire stretched over them and the rear is lowered 2-3" more than the front giving it the dumbass "Cali-lean". Their trucks say "dirty money" across the front and/or rear window. They have huge stickers letting you know what engine is in it like the big "C" for Cummins etc.... They listen to Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Sam Hunt, and Florida Georgia Line, have camo everything and live at Rural King.
20150903_135228.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
View attachment 49865
Thank you i can finally post what I found
OK so most people who drive brand new BMW's are dickheads. But I assure you I signal more frequently than most people. I even turn into the closest available lane and signal to change lanes afterwards every single time.

I hear what you guys are saying and mostly agree but I guess I just get tired of being lumped in with jerks when I just want to drive a well handling affordable car.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
OK so most people who drive brand new BMW's are dickheads. But I assure you I signal more frequently than most people. I even turn into the closest available lane and signal to change lanes afterwards every single time.

I hear what you guys are saying and mostly agree but I guess I just get tired of being lumped in with jerks when I just want to drive a well handling affordable car.
I think we can agree that it is only the new bmws I my self love bmws I drove a 540i for a while but my soft spot is the big bumper coupes I think e28?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

just wait till the BMW is out of warranty and they get their first repair bill. There is a used car lot in town and he's got about 20 BMW that are just past the factory warranty periof

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Nice truck! I love my Cummins!! 1000 lbs-ft of torque, 65psi of boost and 17mpg.

I don't "need" it by any means since I don't tow with it but its fun, gets better fuel mileage than a half ton gasser and will pull anything I hook it to. Im not a big fan of rolling coal but it's impossible with mine. And yes it's built and tuned. Just the byproduct of massive injectors and slight turbo lag. No fart can or crazy exhaust tip for me. Just a 5" straight pipe from the turbo to the rear :)

The biggest stereotype I can't stand is the goddamn bro-tard truck scene these days. Normally identified by guys wearing skinny jeans, flat bill hats and obnoxious cowboy boots. Their trucks have 20x14" wheels with a 12 inch tire stretched over them and the rear is lowered 2-3" more than the front giving it the dumbass "Cali-lean". Their trucks say "dirty money" across the front and/or rear window. They have huge stickers letting you know what engine is in it like the big "C" for Cummins etc.... They listen to Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Sam Hunt, and Florida Georgia Line, have camo everything and live at Rural King.
View attachment 49873

:notworthy: Every time I see one of those big Cummins Cs or the Powerstroke P on the back window of some bro-tards truck I wish I had a crappy car I didn't care about so I could wreck into them. I know exactly the demographic you are talking about and they are obnoxious. Like I said, I'm a diesel mechanic, I've got nothing against diesels, I just hate this group of people.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
:notworthy: Every time I see one of those big Cummins Cs or the Powerstroke P on the back window of some bro-tards truck I wish I had a crappy car I didn't care about so I could wreck into them. I know exactly the demographic you are talking about and they are obnoxious. Like I said, I'm a diesel mechanic, I've got nothing against diesels, I just hate this group of people.

here is a picture Jeremy posted about a G body Cutlass, take a look at the white Ford in the foreground tailgating the car in front in heavy traffic. I'd put money on that Ford is a diesel

image-jpeg.49877

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor