Barrett Jackson Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yea I hear ya dude but that's basically it. If people pay it then it's worth it, as dumb as that seems. I will agree with you about cars being worth way too much but a Dodge Daytona is a bad example considering only 503 were made, they owned NASCAR(when that meant something), and they were just fast as holy fu#% for the era lol.

These posts come out everytime a Barrett Jackson auction takes place. Take a look at the "Similiar Threads" section at the bottom of the page and you will see my point lol.
Yeah, the daytona was not really a good example. it was the first thing that popped into my head. Added to the fact they were so "ugly" and weird lookin when they came out no one wanted em. I read a HotRod(?) article about a Daytona that sat until 1974, the dealer even changed the front end and took the spoiler off to try and sell it as a normal charger.

• Informative
  • Creative
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The 4bd/3ba houses I want are listed for near that amount. The joys of living in AL/GA.

My company is expanding our operations in Columbus. I might consider moving there in the future, but it will only be a matter of time before houses will be $100K more than they currently are (like the rest of the areas in the US with jobs that are gaining people from more expensive places).

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
A guy who thinks you can buy a house for $128K doesn't need to be daydreaming about buying GNX #003, he needs to put down his phone, pay attention in school, get good grades, get a mechanical engineering degree and reap the benefits that the US is currently giving to H1B visa holders who come from places with bad cell service and nothing to distract them from paying attention in school.
You can buy houses for 128k. They're everywhere. The surroundings of a 128k house won't be as, well, good as a 300k house, but they do exist, so he's not wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
You can buy houses for 128k. They're everywhere. The surroundings of a 128k house won't be as, well, good as a 300k house, but they do exist, so he's not wrong.

So you are going to park GNX #003 in the yard of the $128K houses just like the neighbors?

I can guarantee nobody at Barrett Jackson owns a $128K house (unless its about 20 of them and they rent them out for $1000/month)

20 years ago I had a $62K house. 1,800 SF with a 3 car garage and 1/2 and acre in a low crime city. Those days are long gone unless you are single or are married to someone who would rather watch Velocity than HGTV.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
So you are going to park GNX #003 in the yard of the $128K houses just like the neighbors?

I can guarantee nobody at Barrett Jackson owns a $128K house (unless its about 20 of them and they rent them out for $1000/month)

20 years ago I had a $62K house. 1,800 SF with a 3 car garage and 1/2 and acre in a low crime city. Those days are long gone unless you are single or are married to someone who would rather watch Velocity than HGTV.
When did this thread become a housing argument?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
And who the hell parks cars in the yard? Do you not have Garages down there?

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Not sure how we got on this tangent but that's almost exactly what I paid for my place. Of course its a single-wide in the middle nowhere. Seriously.:D
There are plenty of houses for sale in my area in that price range but most of us probably wouldn't want to live in them. There are also plenty close by in the high six figures too that most of us couldn't afford. And UNGN is right, the guys in the "affordable housing" bracket aren't playing at Barrett Jackson. For most of the BJ crowd these cars are a commodity/asset. Just a means of diversifying their portfolio. I have no gripe with that. The market goes up, the market goes down.

• Agree

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
joesregalproject, I used to work for an automotive enthusiast website, and I can tell you the pressure to produce “Top XX” posts is constant. Sometimes you’ve really got to pull stuff out of your @$$. It’s almost inevitable that you’re going to repeat themes every now and then.

At least when I did them, I tried to make them informative and interesting, rather than just click-baity.

• Creative

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
My company is expanding our operations in Columbus. I might consider moving there in the future, but it will only be a matter of time before houses will be $100K more than they currently are (like the rest of the areas in the US with jobs that are gaining people from more expensive places).

I regret to inform you that my hometown has a rampant, ongoing gang/crime problem. People are moving further away from Columbus to escape it.

Nov 4, 2012
joesregalproject, I used to work for an automotive enthusiast website, and I can tell you the pressure to produce “Top XX” posts is constant. Sometimes you’ve really got to pull stuff out of your @$$. It’s almost inevitable that you’re going to repeat themes every now and then.

At least when I did them, I tried to make them informative and interesting, rather than just click-baity.

I get it happening once in a while, but it seems like it never changes with Jalopnik. Its annoying. If you are a mechanic, you are expected fix cars, if your are an architect, you are expected to design things. If your job is a writer, you are expected to write. Architects design different buildings, mechanics fix different cars, why do Jalopnik writers get to rewrite the same thing over and over? Its just low quality journalism. I don't read Jalopnik anymore because of it.

This is in no way directed at you, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor