Battery Brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Optima is probably one of the best, but most expensive.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Can't go wrong with DieHard.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
Put a brand new interstate in my car a while back, never had any problems with it yet *knocks on wood*

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
When I bought my LeMans in 2001, it had an Interstate in it. It still has that very same Interstate in it, no problems to speak of. It even sits out in the car all winter long with no use. It started the car right up when I drove it last week for the first time this year. Can't seem to kill the thing :)

-UT-

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
i like ac delco and optima. optima's are expensive though.

im using the cheapest battery i could find just to get my car running, some cheapo at oreilly atuo parts. works well though.

i might go back to AC delco after this one eventually dies.

batteries got expensive from the last time i bought one. its lead plastic and acid. whats the deal?

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
x2 on Optima. Read some reviews it's defiantly worth the couple extra $$

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
optima any day of the week!
the best thing about optima is that you can almost always bring one back to life
interstates last forever (i took a 9 year old one as a core today that tested ok), but don't ever put one on a fast charger! i've had 2 blow out the bottom and 1 boil over in my old shop. i never got to see their condition before the fast charger, but i wouldn't take the chance again!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Whatever is fairly new and $19.99 on the shelf at the junkyard. I just bought one there that was from Wal Mart, and had a sticker on it stating it went in service in August of 08. Put it in, it works just fine. Other than that, Optima is the best, but it is very expensive too. It's a good upgrade if you have a large stereo, but not worth it otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor