Battery Charger/Tender

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I have had pretty good luck with the Battery Tender Jr's and even the knock offs, I run the BTJ's on my stuff and bought a bunch of the knockoffs cause we used them down the shop for stuff that isn't run often. Even with the big trucks they do the job, just yesterday the driver said one of them sh*t the bed. But I am going to hook it to a battery we have sitting around to see if it really did. But they take some beating from the driver and keep on ticking for the most part

Reactions: 1 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
If it's going into a 12v vehicle only, just buy one for a 12v (lead, agm, deep cycle, etc.). Save 10 bucks more than the multi-battery charger at 39.95. Just another option. I have no idea how well they work.

images
Thats about as simple as it gets, and thats all i really needed..... honestly, if i had seen that one on amazon, i would have gone for that one instead, but the one i just purchased is only $10 more, no problemo.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
I have one on each of my lawn equipment and 3 cars for I don't know how many years. But at some point, in time all batteries die!
so far so good with my batteries from time to time i put a volt meter on it just to see but its right on point with charging. ill be honest I'm kind of shocked with it being harbor freight chargers that they work because we all know the quality of that place ;)

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
so far so good with my batteries from time to time i put a volt meter on it just to see but its right on point with charging. ill be honest I'm kind of shocked with it being harbor freight chargers that they work because we all know the quality of that place ;)
That's great though. Why pay premium prices for stuff if the lower cost stuff does the job? Harbor Freight- "Where almost is good enough." :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
That's great though. Why pay premium prices for stuff if the lower cost stuff does the job? Harbor Freight- "Where almost is good enough." :)
this is the one i got with a coupon, in case someone needs a good enough charger lol

Attachments

• ch.JPG
    ch.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 68

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Those cheapy HF chargers may work as described.... but open one up, dont be surprised if it doesnt contain any power filters, charging while "dirty & unprotected" is not safe for any battery, its risky.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
These things are not rocket science stuff. A filter for my T1000 Sears Craftsman or Toro Mower ?
  • Snap-On EEBM500B $141 A Great Patriotic Company keeping US Workers employed.
  • From their own web site:
    Country Of Origin CHN
  • So, don't knock HB

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
FWIW, I have the expensive battery tender units, and the cheap centec (harbor freight), and they both work fine.

Reactions: 1 user

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I've had this one for about 10 years and run an IV to four cars at once, mostly in the winter. But I also keep one car on it whenever I'm not driving it since there is a constant draw somewhere that I haven't been able to track down yet.

The link is just the model, they can be found at many places. I believe I got mine off that "jungle website."

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor