Battery Charger/Tender

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Since my malibu sits more than its driven because of the colder weather for now, till warmer weather sets in to drive to classic car shows, swap meets, drive ins, etc.... whats a good unit?

Im thinking the DELTRAN units... but not sure if the 12v/750ma, 12v/800ma or the 12v/1.25A will suffice, my current battery is only 8months old with 800cca/985ca, figure at this point, i wont need any higher amperage output charger.

Thanks

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Since my malibu sits more than its driven because of the colder weather for now, till warmer weather sets in to drive to classic car shows, swap meets, drive ins, etc.... whats a good unit?

Im thinking the DELTRAN units... but not sure if the 12v/750ma, 12v/800ma or the 12v/1.25A will suffice, my current battery is only 8months old with 800cca/985ca, figure at this point, i wont need any higher amperage output charger.

Thanks
We've been using the Battery Tender Jr. units on three cars for at least a few years now. We've had good luck with them. All three cars have AGM batteries in them. All three go at least a week or so without being driven. My Roadmaster sometimes goes as much as three months. The other two cars are my brother's 78 Z28 and my dad's 62 Ford Galaxie.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I just bought this one off Amazon for $19.99, got good reviews.

SUHU 10 Amp Car Battery Charger, 12/6 Volt Battery Charger Automotive, Portable Trickle Charger for car Battery,Battery Maintainer for Lead-Acid (AGM/EFB) and Deep Cycle Batteries​

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
i have six harbor freight battery tenders i paid $3.00 each for about 8 years ago and they work perfect.

• Agree

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I installed a NOCO Genius 2 in the Trans Am. It is mounted to the inner fender, hard wired to the battery, and we have a short extension cord that exits the wheel well. That stores inside out of the way. We just keep it plugged in 24/7 and once charged, it goes into maintenance mode. The battrey is always ready to go- no problems.
81Q6Ag04oFL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
My S-10 has a Battery Tender JR resident in the engine bay and even on the coldest days it can keep the battery quite happy and ready to rock and roll. Last cold snap it sat for almost a week and turned to at the end without complaint. Helps that the oil pan has Royal Purple synthetic in it.

My Non G-body/G-body Van has my Tender Plus hooked up to its AGM right now. Put it there for the winter as the last time I let the battery veg it took almost three days for the Plus unit to rehab the AGM back to happy again. The bike batteries get their JR's except the HD which has its own dedicated charger and the AGM for my E-glide which, again, came with an application specific charging unit.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas

Attachments

• NOCO Genius 2.jpg
    NOCO Genius 2.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 58

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
The NOCO stuff is really great. I also use the old Genius G3500 to keep my boat battery at top charge all the time. That was superseded by the G5. I also like the big 2.5 solar charger panel. I mounted that to my center console so I am charging the battery all day I am on the water as long as the sun is shining.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor