Best battery to buy right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Quick Google search is showing an east Penn location on commerce Dr in plum industrial park. They are the manufacturer of deka batteries.

I buy my deka batteries from a battery warehouse in Johnstown. I like them. Nice warranties and reasonable prices.

Cool, I didnt realize they had a place out here. I'll probably give them a call tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Super Start Platinum from O'Reilly is what I just put in my truck. Deka Intimidator was my first choice. I'm an AGM kind of guy.

Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Last couple of Walmart batteries I bought were made by East Penn. Also they revised the warranty on the batteries this year cause they don't do the pro rating anymore.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'm running an Odyssey in the Cutlass. That thing cranks nice! In my daily drivers I'm just running whatever house brand battery is the best value at that moment.

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Delco. I dare you.

DC867~2.jpeg

Last couple of Walmart batteries I bought were made by East Penn. Also they revised the warranty on the batteries this year cause they don't do the pro rating anymore.

I think all the ones I've gotten were Johnson Controls. Warranty get better or worse?

I'm running an Odyssey in the Cutlass. That thing cranks nice! In my daily drivers I'm just running whatever house brand battery is the best value at that moment.

I really just don't want to get stranded somewhere in this fugger. I'm gonna try to minimize winter driving with the truck to just commuting to work and back but who knows what will actually end up happening.

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I was actually only partially joking. The last shop I worked for stocked Delco batteries. I bought a few and had great luck with them. I don't recall ever replacing one under warranty.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Costco Interstate. Not the cheapest, but they don't argue with you if it fails. Back when they sold Kirkland house brand, I managed to freeze a pair of F350 batteries with 7 months left on the warranty. I got two new ones for two core charges. Those were the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor