Best factory manifolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
That's why I need people's opinion......is this an option you'd buy vs headers?
When I put the first V8 in my car I went with headers but was limited cause of the clutch linkage. I liked them but they rotted too fast for my liking as the car was a daily. For this rebuild I did have another set but with a change in Pa's visual inspection 15 years ago had me change to manifolds being between original or older ones as my preferred ram horns won't fit. I went with lat '70's with smog tube ports & the cast in speader bars. I was looing at those Thortons as I had to work on redirecting budget money to buy them & the BBC down pipes but I wasn't able to have it done due to other areas on this rebuild. I would like to have something that would be a nice in between of headers & manifolds as it would be nice to see my L48 actually run close to the 300 advertised horses. Anything that does add power, ease of instalation, allows burn free clearance of the plug wires & work with the clutch linkage would be great. Even being able to add smog tubes is needed would also be helpful for some. I'd even say an O2 port too if there's a good spot that won't have clearance issues on all possible platforms they will fit.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor