Best looking G-body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
The 86-88 MC SS hands down! I love my Cutlasses, and would love to have an 84-87 T-Type or GN minus the engine(so I could drop in my Buick 455). However, my dream car always and forever is an 86-88 t-top MC SS.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
I guess I have to say I am torn between the 1986 or 1987 (?) maroon 442 or the gray 442 of the same year....as my favorite.

I am a Cutlass guy, but have loved all the G-bodies.

All of the standard cars look like mean luxury.....the performance-oriented models all look badass, the t-tops I love on all........the Malibus and El Caminos and wagon variants all are beautiful.

You can't go wrong with a G-Body.....

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
In performance models-

T-type
H/O 442
Gp 2+2
Monte SS

Normal base models

Cutlass
Regal
Monte
GP

Grandma editions
Monte
Buick
Olds
GP

BlackRegalHN

Apprentice
Oct 5, 2010
Qdub24 said:
The 86-88 MC SS hands down! I love my Cutlasses, and would love to have an 84-87 T-Type or GN minus the engine(so I could drop in my Buick 455). However, my dream car always and forever is an 86-88 t-top MC SS.

Yup... kinda remember you saying that... on page 1:
Qdub24 said:
86-88 Monte Carlo SS FTMFW!

:rofl:

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
BlackRegalHN said:
Qdub24 said:

Yup... kinda remember you saying that... on page 1:
Qdub24 said:
86-88 Monte Carlo SS FTMFW!

:rofl:

troll.jpg

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
G-Body_Vet said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ha haha, it was even funnier the 2nd time!
thanks budd

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
khan0165 said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ha haha, it was even funnier the 2nd time!
thanks budd

I did it like 4 times. That guy was being a dick to everyone for no reason so I decided to f**k with him

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Ok, here's my 2 cents. Since I have had 3 of them, My first place nod goes to the 78-81 pontiac lemans/GrandAm. They are sleek and sexy and you never saw that many of them even when they were new.

Next is the 86-87 Grandprix 2+2 with the aero front and rear treatment.
3rd has to be the GN/GNX. Not only do they look like they will kick you around standing still, but I can't help drooling when I sit in my friends 86.
4th place goes to the 83-84 Hurst/Olds cutlass. They just got that one right.
The last one for me to rate has to be the El-Camino. My next project will be one with a Lemans nose and full pontiac interior. A basic twin to my lemans
Dean

P.s. These are just my favorites, I love all g-bodies

Bonegrater

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2010
Richmond, VA
I've always loved El Caminos, H/Os, SS Montes, GNs, Malibus and Cutlasses in that order. They are all the best looking cars to come out of Detroit in the late 70's-80's for sure. Oh, there is a '86 GP in a junkyard close by, and after looking at it they are really nice cars too. I like their tail lights.
Though, I do love my current Cutlass. But I think everyone is partial to their own ride a just a little.

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
khan0165 said:
I didn't pay much attention to G-bodies. I was always a fan of the A-bodies... They had the perfect balance of eligant lines and buldgy muscular stance.
But I always loved the mean sinister look of the Grand National and Regals. Couple that to the awesome Cutlass, it's simple but classy but agressive look, and I realy started to gain interest in these cars.
When I was a teen, the SS looked great to me as well. But I've started to grow out of it with age... it's just too flashy...
And, I absolutely HATED GrandPrixs... Until I bought mine.
I guess I never properly looked at the body lines, and fully appreciate the suttle curves.
I love my GP, and I think it looks even meaner with this pushbar. I think it's because it hides some of the "pointy" grill. Regardless, that pointy grill has grown on me too. Nothing beats pulling up to a light in a beater blue old car, with dents, chipping paint, a wire chrome grill, and a hood emblem, and blowing the doors off a quick mustang or corvette(old ones, ha ha, a new vette would wipe the street with my car).

here's some pictures with the pushbar
Picture024.jpg

Picture043.jpg

DSC05068.jpg

DSC05191.jpg

I bet if I kept the pushbar off, threw on some hubcaps and mudguards, you wouldn't suspect much.

So is that to push the Fords out of your way :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor