REGAL Best Place To Get Window Sweeps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
For reference, 20672476 and 20672477 are the GM part numbers for the rubber seal strips that attach to the wide anodized aluminum door top molding. They're about half as wide as the ones with the beads.
Whats the difference between the two, if they both are for the wide door molding? Is one cutlass/regal and one monte/grandprix?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Whats the difference between the two, if they both are for the wide door molding? Is one cutlass/regal and one monte/grandprix?
The beaded stuff does NOT fit the WIDE molding itself. It's designed a little differently to go out on its own to do the job. Many people with messed up wide molding revert to just putting the beaded stuff on. Like 84 H/O and 87 442s use the beaded moldings only. I've seen people use black beaded stuff on the H/Os. Which is incorrect from a purist standpoint, but looks ok.

Regal and Cutlass doors are the same part number. The part numbers I provided are for the "chrome" beaded ones, the ones that have a black bead (GN's used those I think? Not familiar with Regal stuff that much) and the last two part numbers are to attach to the WIDE top door molding metal part. crimp-punched most of the way and riveted in the front. PITA to replace just the rubber part. I got a few pairs of each around here somewhere that go to a Cutlass (no black beaded stuff, though). If I can find them I'll snap a pic or two.

Edit: Montes and GPs are different animals altogether.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Found a wide molding in the closet. (Found a complete air shock setup too...hmmm.) Note there is no bead.

Note there are rivets and the punch through style of crimping. The inside piece of the rubber part has metal backing where it meets up to the metal molding. I'm assuming that isn't meant for much more than keeping things attached until you get it screwed into place on top of the door.

wide door trim weatherstrip 1.JPG wide door trim weatherstrip 2.JPG wide door trim weatherstrip 3.JPG wide door trim weatherstrip 4.JPG wide door trim weatherstrip 5.JPG wide door trim weatherstrip 6.JPG wide door trim weatherstrip 7.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor