Best sub $100 job you did to your GBody

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
My personal favorite is some hyundai tiburon seats I picked up for $50. If you drive the car a lot a good seat makes a big difference.
$10 cup holder is right there with it
.5” taller ball joints make a big difference at $50 each if I recall
I also can vouch for the 97-00 Monte keyless system. Mine is tucked up above the door lock relays and works awesome for $30. My only gripe is the truck button is too touchy. I pop it by accident with my keys in my pocket.
Astrovan steering shaft is a steal at $15 from the junkyard
95-05 crown Vic transmission crossmember is great if your wanting dual exhaust. $20 at the junk yard
And $70 in cheap speakers because all of mine where blown when I got the car.
Any of these things can be done in a weekend and will be very rewarding after.
I would have been happy w/your OG buckets.

Reactions: 1 users

Cruzin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 16, 2021
North Alabama
I would have been happy w/your OG buckets.
The guy that bought them was super excited. I think I let them go a little too cheap I didn’t realize how much people liked them. I really wanted a set of actual race seats as I’d like to autocross some day, but they just weren’t in the budget at the time.

Reactions: 1 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Thought...

Since $100 in 2021 doesn't go very far... What if we opened it up to $100 in 1983 money? I picked 83 to split the difference of the gbody years..

$100 in 2021 equals about $267 dollars in 1983.

Alot of mods can be had for $267 dollars...

I was just trying to think of a way for cheap mods to keep going and there could be some really good ideas found in here, and not get it locked up for being inactive.

If this is not acceptable to the group... I shall delete and crawl back under my car in garage. Lol.

Reactions: 6 users

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Isn't 267 the same as 4.3 for the V6? :) How can we go wrong using that? Let say inexpensive mods.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
RKE is up there, also a dual maplight rear view mirror(various styles, late 90’s FWD’s were my donors) is a huge improvement for very cheap. Especially a t-top car but either way.

Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I going to say now my RKE/power lock conversion is since I'm at about $40. Even with new switches & any needed wires I should be able to keep it under $75.

Reactions: 3 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I have the same mirror with dual map lights in my Olds Ciera, They work well.
Also did the overhead console light. Molded into the head board before recovering it. These came out of a GM SUV.

Attachments

• Headliner2.JPG
    Headliner2.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Overhead Consul (Yukon) (2).jpg
    Overhead Consul (Yukon) (2).jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Creative
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor