Best TH350 shift kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
B+M, Transgo or dome other brand? Tell me which one and why?

Reactions: 1 user

78Malibu496bbc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2023
B+M, Transgo or dome other brand? Tell me which one and why?
B&M has always been my go to brand of choice. really no other particular reason other than the external sources of information and installation guides on the internet. very easy to read in box instructions as well. They all pretty much do the same thing.

Reactions: 2 users

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
In the past I have always used the cheap B&M kit, the one that's just a separator plate and drill bits and they have always worked well. That being said while I have never used one these days I do like the look and thoroughness of the trans go kits . They appear to contain all the same stuff as the cheap B&M kit but also have recalibrated springs for the valve body.

Reactions: 4 users

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Wow those "cheap" B&M kits have gotten expensive especially for what they are. Looks like they are almost 60 bucks on Summit. For my money I'd probably opt for the trans go kit as it's not that much more and contains more stuff. And it (the trans go) is half the price of the B&M trans pack but appears to contain all the same components. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
TransGo. Never ever had a single issue with them. Nice stuff and not that expensive.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I used a trans go kit. I like it. I used the softer street spring and it'll still chirp on the 1-2, I got it to do it once on the 2-3 manually shifting with an empty tank :p
I did not install the low control because I'm stupid and don't trust myself.

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
How are they to install in car? This is an unknown TH350 and want to install it this weekend. I assume the Transgo is the HD1-2 that everyone is recommending? This will only be a temporary transmission till I figure out what I dis wrong with the CK shift kit. I am actually considering a TKX wide ratio 5 speed with the new motor.

Reactions: 1 users

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
I put a B&M shift kit in with the transmission in the car and it was pretty easy. The transmission I put it in was a temporary replacement as well,the fluid looked horrible, and was very lazy while shifting. After the shift kit was installed it felt very good, firm, quick shifts, and not neck snapping.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
i was a professional transmission rebuilder for over 40 years, i am retired now. i have made 100s 0f 350s shift how i wanted them to with no store-bought shift kit. tricks of the trade,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
i was a professional transmission rebuilder for over 40 years, i am retired now. i have made 100s 0f 350s shift how i wanted them to with no store-bought shift kit. tricks of the trade,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Curious what you change. Yeah, there was a fair bit of clutch material in the pan. This came behind the 403 I bought, cost $100. I had a new brass filter and chrome pan with a drain plug lying around. I should have a fairly new adjustable modulator as well, probably under a tarp on a TH350C, under a snow bank. I am beginning to wonder if the CK pump is up to snuff that I installed in the 2004R, from the pressure readings. I will look through and double check everything but may start putting money aside for a wide ratio TKX.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor