Best way to lower a g-body and g-body galleries..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
^^^^...lol

I have my GP lowered and although it looks better I also did it more to improve the handling of the car.

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
satisfactory results, easy and inexpensive are RARELY things that go together.
If you want cheap and easy, get the clamps (not recommended for reasons mentioned above) if you want satisfactory results, shell out the cash for a set of springs and shocks, or even drop spindles. There are OEM parts out there from other GM cars that will give you some lowering.

just my 2 cents

Ryan

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
satisfactory results, easy and inexpensive are RARELY things that go together

your right and I don't think that trying to save a few $$$ is worth taking a chance with the safety of the vehicle. If you can't afford a proper upgrade then leave the car as it is.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I recently used Belltech lowering springs and drop shocks all around on my 85 and I am pleased with the results. Note that the rear will not drop as much as advertised though. I also installed bumpstops from a ZQ8 S-10 which make a big difference.

Note that you will need to get an alignment afterwards regardless of whether you use spindles or springs to drop the front end. If you use spindles, get stiffer springs as well otherwise you will be bottoming out and will not see the handling gains (which is the main advantage of a lowered vehicle in the first place).

t_visker

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 1, 2006
Brookings, SD
best site..

whats the best site to buy a set of springs and shocks?? and brand.. thnx guys.. im looking for around 1-2.5"

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor