best way to restore lower door panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
That's correct. 2-dr door panels are reproduced, not the 4-dr/ wagon variety. Obviously, 2-dr G-body cars are more popular, so therefore you can understand them repopping the 2-dr panels.
Us wagon guys are on our own.

Hmmm, im starting to feel bad for getting the wagon now lol.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hmmm, im starting to feel bad for getting the wagon now lol.
No, don't feel bad. We're a unique bunch. Certainly not as many of us out there as the other G-body models. I admit it's getting harder to find stuff for the wagons, but I always dug owning a wagon. :)
We also have to be more resourceful in our hunt for parts.

Reactions: 1 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
No, don't feel bad. We're a unique bunch. Certainly not as many of us out there as the other G-body models. I admit it's getting harder to find stuff for the wagons, but I always dug owning a wagon. :)
We also have to be more resourceful in our hunt for parts.

That is true, i for sure love the car and dont regret it. At least not yet lol. Ill probably try sanding them down firts and spraying them with the bed liner spray and then dye them with the SEM paint. One step at a time.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That is true, i for sure love the car and dont regret it. At least not yet lol. Ill probably try sanding them down firts and spraying them with the bed liner spray and then dye them with the SEM paint. One step at a time.
Next to replacing them. I think that would be your best alternative. You can always try experimenting with an old panel.

I always liked the wagon due to it's utilitarian nature. You can haul your crap around and haul *ss when needed.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
The bed liner is not thick enough for any kind of structure. Just SEM painting over the bed liner looks OK but the 320 light rubbing really gave it a factory look on the last pic comparison of the blue stock kick panel and my redone tan panel side by side.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor