BLACKOUT TAIL LIGHTS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sschevyss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 12, 2009
Got bored and wanted to do something different. 😀
Here are the original shot of the taillights.
pix1.jpg

Here are the blacked out Lights in the day time.
pix2.jpg

Here are the tail lights illuminated.
pix3.jpg

Is that legal?

I have not got in trouble yet. From what I know as long as they illuminate they are legal.

sweet!

sschevyss said:
I have not got in trouble yet. From what I know as long as they illuminate they are legal.

depends on what your state allows. some states you must have something reflective in the rear, others it doesnt matter. on another forum i used to be on some guy posted a link, ill have to find it and post it up here.

Taillights look great, very well done. Very clean look. nice work

Did you use the model car/hobby paint? I have done it before on cars and over time it wears off. It could be from washing the car though. I heard people clear coat them and it holds up better but never seen or tried it.

How did you do it? I like the look and might want to do it to my car.

back in the early 90's there was a product called night shades, it was a spray tint made specifically for items like tail lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor