Blazer Rear Sway Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I had considered welding a piece of angle iron in to reinforce it, but its kinda one of those around to it situations. Its more stiff than the factory bar so all the stress isnt just going to bending and it seems to have held up on mine for a year.
Quick question....do you happen to recall what wrenches/socket sizes are needed to pull 5he sway bar? If time permits today I'm gonna go hunting, but not wanting to load my 40lb toolbag if necessary.
I'm assuming mid sized metric hardware on the bar.

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Quick question....do you happen to recall what wrenches/socket sizes are needed to pull 5he sway bar? If time permits today I'm gonna go hunting, but not wanting to load my 40lb toolbag if necessary.
I'm assuming mid sized metric hardware on the bar.

Something between a 13mm and 19mm should do the u bolts and ditto for the end links.

I've never had a end link older than 1 year come off without a touch or grinder so if you want to get the bar you might need to bring a cordless grinder if you have one.

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Great info and thanks for everyones feedback. Now to locate said bar and set up.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Grrrrrrr. I found two 2dr blazers at the nastiest mud pit in Louisville. There are literally ponds all through this yard. I friggin forgot my metric sockets and impact at home, so I tried with jus wrenches but no bueno! I'll return and try again, at least I know I need a 15mm socket and wrench, and a 19mm socket or wrench.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
19 mm is the same as 3/4"...if it is 18 mm you need 11/16" will work but it's a bit tight.......and good luck the next time

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Grrrrrrr. I found two 2dr blazers at the nastiest mud pit in Louisville. There are literally ponds all through this yard. I friggin forgot my metric sockets and impact at home, so I tried with jus wrenches but no bueno! I'll return and try again, at least I know I need a 15mm socket and wrench, and a 19mm socket or wrench.
It sounds like that 2nd one is too rich for my wallet!.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
19 mm is the same as 3/4"...if it is 18 mm you need 11/16" will work but it's a bit tight.......and good luck the next time
Oh I know Steve, I had the 19mm taken care of, but wanna remove the whole thing at one time. I didn't have another 15mm on me, I'll get it.

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Something between a 13mm and 19mm should do the u bolts and ditto for the end links.

I've never had a end link older than 1 year come off without a touch or grinder so if you want to get the bar you might need to bring a cordless grinder if you have one.
In regards to the end links....what style did you use to mount to the frame? Are they Blazer end links for a front sway bar which should be the same PN as the G body?

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
In regards to the end links....what style did you use to mount to the frame? Are they Blazer end links for a front sway bar which should be the same PN as the G body?

I'll have to measure what length spacer. I had some left over sway bar bushings and grabbed some new bolts and spacers from the hardware store for mine. Basically yeah the front g body end links are basically right but might be an inch long or short

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor