Blazer Rear Sway Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
In regards to the end links....what style did you use to mount to the frame? Are they Blazer end links for a front sway bar which should be the same PN as the G body?
I will probably be down through Louisville soon, let me know if both those blazers have the rear bar i might try and swing in and grab one

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I will probably be down through Louisville soon, let me know if both those blazers have the rear bar i might try and swing in and grab one
Cool. As of yesterday both had them. Hopefully only one will remain if I can get back in time.
Let me know ahead of time when your down here, if time permits we'll have to grab some grub or coffee.
I was in Columbus saturday for a shred event, but was so soaked and cold when done I just wanted to get home or I would've hit you up.
Ok, enough thread hackery....carry on.

Reactions: 1 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I used the Fbody rear sway bar. Had to bend the ends in I wanna say 1" or so each. Then just used the factory Fbody end links and mount kit. Only pic I have which sucks because it doesn't show the mounting.

Attachments

• 20160211_212337.jpg
    20160211_212337.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 289

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Cool. As of yesterday both had them. Hopefully only one will remain if I can get back in time.
Let me know ahead of time when your down here, if time permits we'll have to grab some grub or coffee.
I was in Columbus saturday for a shred event, but was so soaked and cold when done I just wanted to get home or I would've hit you up.
Ok, enough thread hackery....carry on.
Scott,
Maybe you and Josh can meet up and help each other grab the bars and the hardware. Just a thought.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Scott,
Maybe you and Josh can meet up and help each other grab the bars and the hardware. Just a thought.
Jack, I'll decline on grabbing Josh's bar lol!!!! However, I made it back to the yard, and after some persuasion and acrobats to not fall in the water I got my bounty. Have some prep to do,but looks like it'll clean up fine before paint.
20191029_144400.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 10 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Bonus points if you can get the better ball joint style blazer end links to work on the G body, I think it would be better since I acknowledge the bracket I attached to isn't ideal.

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good for you, buddy.
I'm glad you got your bounty....(y) It looks to be in decent shape, too.

How difficult was it getting off? I'm sure the portable impact wrench made short work of it.

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Bonus points if you can get the better ball joint style blazer end links to work on the G body, I think it would be better since I acknowledge the bracket I attached to isn't ideal.
The fun part would be trying to figure out a bracket to mount it, and where to mount it strongly to. I'll take a look and see if the juice is worth the squeeze.
Looks like energy suspension has adjustable end links for our cars as well as F body rear bars.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Good for you, buddy.
I'm glad you got your bounty....(y) It looks to be in decent shape, too.

How difficult was it getting off? I'm sure the portable impact wrench made short work of it.
Honestly Jack it was easy. I fought more getting the upper part of the end link out of it's U shaped bracket than anything. For the record, I used a 15mm socket and wrench for the top end link bolt, then a 19mm deep weld for the axle bracket side. Then just a pry bar and hammer to get the brackets off the axle and such.
I have the hardware soaking in evaporust, and the sway bar soaking in degreaser.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor