blower motor confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

marz442

Greasemonkey
Jan 12, 2013
Cicero Il
I checked the wires and the red wire had power going to it. I here the relay click but no high speed
I just lost any other Ideas?

CBARGE69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 13, 2011
red wire should have battery voltage to it at all times. in high speed position purple wire coming out of relay should have battery voltage. clicking relay does not make it good as contact inside relay could be bad/ corroded. voltage measurements should be taken at relay connector.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It may be the blower switch. I changed mine recently and got it at Napa The red feed wire got burnt by the headers and shorted out the system. It fried the resister and switch

marz442

Greasemonkey
Jan 12, 2013
Cicero Il
Have any pics of the conector by the valve cover, or what im to be looking for? I just gave it another try and nothing no high. If any one has any pics of what I should be looking for as far as the conector by the valve cover please post it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
just follow the red 10 gauge wire from the relay to the front right side of the engine and you'll find the black connector. If the fan is working in the low and med speeds then I put my money on the red wire having a bad connection at that connector...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor