Bucket Seat Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Okay. I give up on finding someone who actually follows through with what they say they are going to do. Apparently G Body parts are worth gold because they are G Body parts? With all the GM divisions over the G Body run, millions of cars were made of which only a tiny fraction are concours! Most are of wrecked and crushed. The ones in between are projects. The majority of cars were floor shift with buckets and so they are plentiful and some should still be workable even if the car is long gone. They were not great seats but adequate for the 1980's. Why some think they can get gold for a broken down rusty frame with torn vinyl and no padding is beyond me. Since I am not restoring the car I have, but making it, you know streetable and comfortable, not a show car, I give up any claim to G Body Bucket seats and will leave for to the restorers.

What I need to know now is what Other seats have others installed in a G Body and what was required for buckets where a bench seat exists. MONEY IS AN OBJECT WITH ME! I want to drive the car not spend myself into oblivion so that the only day I enjoy it is when I sell it! I've been told S-10 and S-15 seats work. Can anyone clue me in on that? I am not a welder or fabricator, so I need an easy swap. Since G Body seats are absolutely impossible for me to get, I would love to hear any stories of bucket seats, especially in El Camino or Caballeros. Thanks to the few of you who are so mercenary it is hard to even imagine how greedy you are, and you know very well who you are! To the rest I would love to hear from you, especially those who really have seats and wish to sell them!
Hi Chuck, Seems you and I are almost neighbors. I am in the south end of Seattle. I am sure you have seen the muscle car shop there on Mtn Loop Hwy. I enjoy driving past it when I'm working as a dump truck driver.

Oldscarnut

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
Yes I have seen it but you know with only being off on weekends, I never get to stop by and talk with them. Maybe I should huh? I live about 6 miles South of G. Falls a couple miles North of Roesiger. I've got some days coming to me in the next week. After I take care of the wife's rear rotors and disc, and my daily driver oil change, it will be back to work on the El Camino. The seats must wait! If you know you'll be up here ahead of time, let me know and I'll buy you a cup of coffee! PM me your phone if you wish and we can connect.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Excellent cond gbody buckets,with tracks and inner mounting braces---475.57 SHIPPED.pm me if interested.and with "THESE" -claims to fames,I'd suggest you maybe put a price "RANGE" that you are "looking" for,and dont forget a "request" or "need/want" towards persay color preference,reclining,non reclining,cond,etc are CRUCIAL in this game,and AFFORDED to that of PRICE offered;) as this will determine cond and what "seller" can and would offer as to availability and such.btw I can adapt (and have in all 15 of my gbodies) gbody tracks to newer "comfy" seats(00-07 monte carlo,grand prix,cadillac seats) and have power seats in a couple.glwys.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

jadigen

Greasemonkey
Jun 6, 2017
S.Jersey
Excellent cond gbody buckets,with tracks and inner mounting braces---475.57 SHIPPED.pm me if interested.and with "THESE" -claims to fames,I'd suggest you maybe put a price "RANGE" that you are "looking" for,and dont forget a "request" or "need/want" towards persay color preference,reclining,non reclining,cond,etc are CRUCIAL in this game,and AFFORDED to that of PRICE offered;) as this will determine cond and what "seller" can and would offer as to availability and such.btw I can adapt (and have in all 15 of my gbodies) gbody tracks to newer "comfy" seats(00-07 monte carlo,grand prix,cadillac seats) and have power seats in a couple.glwys.

do you have pictures of the seats you are selling?

• Wow

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
It might be just me, but this post (& others that are very similar) reek of something not being quite right.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
"reek" huh? lol comes say a "member" of sinCE,WHEN!?!?!?!? lmfao,another "FOLLOWER" with NOT a CLUE nor endeavor to challenge MY intrigue of this "barrage" of "subjected criticism" toward another's "DEAL" to "WANTED OR NEEDED" gbody parts QUALITY AND COND with the "transaction and buisness" dealings of "MEMBERS" that separate and define a TRUE- gbody "ENTHUSIAST",COLLECTOR",OWNER,and above all "BUILDER"...PLEASE COME FORWARD ALL OF YOU BEHIND YOUR KEYBOARD with any "FALSE information you have been "FED" or provacably let spew from your female traits of "JEALOUSY";)...ill wait..... "how many gbodys do you own? how many have you built? how many have you parted out? been in this BUISNESS 35+YEARS and part of that BUISNESS is "collecting"the now rare and valuble "goodies" of this era and platform,as to see my "investment" provide me with the "right" and priviledge of times past,afforded and condoned as "for sale"...and PLEASE embarass yourself with a "wanted or needed",end of production,rare,gbody related piece of "HIStory",as so me or my wife can PLEASURE you with what we trip over,or is in our way and "appropiately" put a "price" on that for you with your "2 cents" included as a SIR-TAX:)

• Dislike

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
"reek" huh? lol comes say a "member" of sinCE,WHEN!?!?!?!? lmfao,another "FOLLOWER" with NOT a CLUE nor endeavor to challenge MY intrigue of this "barrage" of "subjected criticism" toward another's "DEAL" to "WANTED OR NEEDED" gbody parts QUALITY AND COND with the "transaction and buisness" dealings of "MEMBERS" that separate and define a TRUE- gbody "ENTHUSIAST",COLLECTOR",OWNER,and above all "BUILDER"...PLEASE COME FORWARD ALL OF YOU BEHIND YOUR KEYBOARD with any "FALSE information you have been "FED" or provacably let spew from your female traits of "JEALOUSY";)...ill wait..... "how many gbodys do you own? how many have you built? how many have you parted out? been in this BUISNESS 35+YEARS and part of that BUISNESS is "collecting"the now rare and valuble "goodies" of this era and platform,as to see my "investment" provide me with the "right" and priviledge of times past,afforded and condoned as "for sale"...and PLEASE embarass yourself with a "wanted or needed",end of production,rare,gbody related piece of "HIStory",as so me or my wife can PLEASURE you with what we trip over,or is in our way and "appropiately" put a "price" on that for you with your "2 cents" included as a SIR-TAX:)
Yes, reek. And, yes, I recently joined this forum, but have been building G-body Malibu's, El Caminos, C10's & S10's since the mid 80's (& several F-bodys). I may not know everything there is to know about G-body's, but I never claimed to. That being said, I'm not clueless either. I was an active member (technically, I still am) on another forum years ago but the traffic there died out & I've been focusing on building trucks lately. Since the traffic here seemed better & I recently started working on a G-body, I thought I would sign up.
So far, I like it just fine so Thanks.

I'm no follower. I said what I said for a reason. Your form of typed/printed communication does reek of countless e-mail, cell-phone, & Craigslist scams regardless of whether or not it is a scam. I never questioned, criticized, or subjected you to any disparaging comments other than the typed reply posted is not common verbiage when communicating on a public forum:

• "barrage'' of subjected criticism?
  • "or provacably let spew from your female traits of "JEALOUSY"?
  • "how many gbodys do you own? how many have you built? how many have you parted out? been in this BUISNESS 35+YEARS and part of that BUISNESS is "collecting"the now rare and valuble "goodies" of this era and platform,as to see my "investment" provide me with the "right" and priviledge of times past,afforded and condoned as "for sale"...and PLEASE embarass yourself with a "wanted or needed",end of production,rare,gbody related piece of "HIStory",as so me or my wife can PLEASURE you with what we trip over,or is in our way and "appropiately" put a "price" on that for you with your "2 cents" included as a SIR-TAX:)"
To further explain my concern(s), the verbiage used just seemed/seems 'off' (as in not very fluid or 'typical' of typed communication) or offering something extremely specific ($457.57 SHIPPED). I never saw the guy post his ZIP code or other info so you could narrow the costs so quickly or closely which raised a red flag for me personally (when combined w/the included verbiage).

If you're that good? Great. But it still seems suspect to me & if it is to one person, it's quite possibly suspect to others as well.

I fail to see where the quantity of G-body's I currently own has any relevance to the reply I typed that "reeked of something not being right". No worries about embarrassing myself if I do post a 'Wanted/Needed' ad in the classified section. You're not the only G-body enthusiast on the planet. If it came down to it... I would rather not buy from someone that communicates the way you do or reacts/responds so critically anyway.

• Agree

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
do you have pictures of the seats you are selling?
here you go.sorry for the "opinionated intrusion"...pm me if interested.
20200109_071203.jpg

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Just a bit of constructive criticism: your marketing strategy sucks. It may have worked up until this point, but scoti made very good points as to why your sales pitch "reeks" of suspicion in this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor