Bucket Seat Applications

Chuck Cole

Chuck Cole

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
Granite Falls, WA
One option I have not seen mentioned is the salvage yard websites, may not be the cheapest but still an option.
Car-part.com
Hollanderparts.com
I will give them a shot...the cost for a destroyed seat here is about $350...so a nicer seat with shipping coming in that range seems worth the troubles. Here, the seats have rusted and often broken springs, mildew and mold unless they have been in a vacuum. They are faded, brittle and sometimes the stitching is rotted. Seems stupid to pay a premium price and then have to restore the seats and frame.

Chuck Cole

Chuck Cole

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
Granite Falls, WA
IMO power seats are a "Function" and both my Gbody's have them on both sides, for me if I am going to spend the time and money building my car I want to be able enjoy driving it while sitting in a position that is comfortable to me and not be stuck in a one size fits all seating position, but then again I feel the same way about having tilt steering.
I couldn't agree more! A two-seater is much more limited with regard to seat position, and recline. I love my tilt wheel. My tiny wife would like to be able to see out. The bench seat was fine for a work truck or if you had an Olds 98. I just want to drive 3+ hours and not need a chiropractor!

Reactions: Longroof79

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
$350 per seat is way too much. I've shipped bucket seats in the past for around $100 each.

O

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i don't know if you've heard, but there is a new web site called CRAIGSLIST.COM
give it a whirl.

69hurstolds

69hurstolds

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I vote for the last one. $200 and a new set of covers- BAM! Ready to roll.

• Agree
Reactions: Rktpwrd
xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Greasemonkey
Jul 17, 2018
No part of WA is a hot spot for G body parts. If you get up to BC like Vancouver Island and those towns there are a bunch of Turbo Buick guys up there.

Reactions: Chuck Cole
Chuck Cole

Chuck Cole

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
Granite Falls, WA
Yeah, not too close. I'm on the east side of Cleveland......... O H I O
Yep that seems to be the pattern, parts availability in a different part of the country. I guess I will have to be patient or make some trips in the Spring.

Chuck Cole

Chuck Cole

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
Granite Falls, WA
i don't know if you've heard, but there is a new web site called CRAIGSLIST.COM
give it a whirl.

Yeah I have heard of craigslist, but thanks for the sarcasm. When I searched CL Friday, the only listings I found were from local wrecking yards. They did have a couple I could use, but thanks for the listings. I will make some contact and hope that these are not the flakes I more than often run into on CL, no shows etc.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor