Bucket seats in a wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyldman

n00b
Jul 3, 2014
do the early wagons not have retracters in the b-piller?? my 83 does i have no clearence issues

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
with a little finesse the seats go in fine. Still have to insulate the floor and put carpet back in but here is an idea of how it's gonna look.

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
I agree; I don't know where that seat came from, but it is definitely not a G body seat base.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Not to bring this up again but when I first mounted the Monte SS buckets in my Malibu there was a problem with them being offset and very close to the door. It looked exactly like the situation you have there. I had taken the tracks off to sandblast and paint them. I put them back in the wrong places. Once I figured out what I did they fit right but I had to look at a car that was put together to see the problem.

Danginharl

Apprentice
May 23, 2011
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
I just put the same seats in my 80 wagon but in blue. They do not fit nearly as close to the outside as those pictures. No issue with the seat belts at all. I would seriously consider swapping the tracks to see how it fits. I don't have them in at the moment or I would post a picture.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
jmt455 said:
I agree; I don't know where that seat came from, but it is definitely not a G body seat base.
myseats-1.jpg
MyBu004.jpg

here's my old Camino wiyh those same High back bucket seats that yall say are soo old ball,a nd not g-body.
100_0024.jpg

one more...
malibuinterior01.jpg

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
jmt455 said:

That was my comment.
I was looking at the seat belt bracket in this image:
20141005_125651_zps6cdjks0e.jpg

It appeared to me the belt bracket was coming up and outboard at a very different angle than the G body anchor.
Looks like I was mistaken.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
Re-read the posts and u might see where I told I think Longroof, THAT THE SEAT BELT WAS NOT ATTACHED. Was only lieing there for reference. Check and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor