SE Michigan
Yep, I saw it later.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
nawlins-tim said:
jmt455 said:
I agree; I don't know where that seat came from, but it is definitely not a G body seat base.
myseats-1.jpg
MyBu004.jpg

here's my old Camino wiyh those same High back bucket seats that yall say are soo old ball,a nd not g-body.
100_0024.jpg

one more...
malibuinterior01.jpg

That first picture is of my car. Def gbody seats as I pulled mine out of a cutlass in the yard and the car next to them had the same seats. I however redid the upholstery.

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
I had these Bonneville seats in my wagon for a while, but they were too wide.
I was able to install them, but they interfered with the console:
6799591393_2f727bc587_b.jpg

I replace them with these seats from a Pontiac Grand Am. I think it was a 2003 model year car:
8114549203_f43a8bcc94_b.jpg

My car originally had a power driver's seat, but the Grand Am seat tracks had all the seat belt buckle load bars attached and I didn't want to spend all the time modifying them, so I used a set of tracks from a full-size FWD Bonneville. It also was a load-bearing structure, but the modification to remove the load brackets was simple.

It's been a while since I installed these, but I think I only had to elongate one mounting hole to bolt the tracks into the car.

With this seat and track combination, the driver's seat sits about 1/2" too high in the car. It is certainly liveable, but I would like to be able to get the seat a little lower.
If I ever get motivated to change this, I will try replacing the "H" body tracks with a G body or F body power seat adjuster to lower the height.

The seats are quite comfortable and there is no interference with the door or the console.
These seats were the "graphite" color; I used SEM Color Coat to match them to the blue interior.

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
I wanna put buckets in my wagon, and currently i have a 60/40 bench with 2 tracks on either side of the transmission hump... are there buckets that simply bolt into place? what donors cars are worth looking into for seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor