Bucket seats in a wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
the seat belt is not anchored in those pics. just put in place to get an idea. I can't believe neither of you guys have seen those seats before. They ARE the g-body High Back style. That's for sure!! And I also have a set of the other style g-body/ monte style seats and as I said previously, They both measure the same width 20.25" to 20.5" at the seat hinge. I'll deal with it . A slight mod to the seat belt anchor will route the belt a little differently and It will be fine. The belt will still rub the seat recliner trim but It will have to do if I want those buckets in my wagon. I'll post again when the carpet and seats are in for good!!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I was thinking your seat was wider than the typical G-body seat, but you're right, it's not. As for the type of seat you have, I'm not sure what type of G-body it came out of, but I admit, I haven't seen every model of G-body seat out there. I guess I'm not familiar with that style of high back seat.
Looking at mine this AM, my seat comes close to the inner rocker panel much like yours. I guess that's the nature of the beast.
The way the seat belt was laying in there was kinda deceptive. I thought you rigged some sort of extension. :oops:

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
yeah they are are 78-80 A-body seats,(n0n reclining if they came out a elco :puke: )they should be the same dimensions/width though??? have you tried mounting/swapping in the mc seats?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Do you have the seats/tracks on the correct sides?
The tracks are offset to clear the tunnel.
If you put the passenger seat on the driver side it will sit like that.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Here's a pic of the driver side seatbelt and relation to the seat. ..and also a pic of the passenger side.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Blake442 said:
Do you have the seats/tracks on the correct sides?
The tracks are offset to clear the tunnel.
If you put the passenger seat on the driver side it will sit like that.
this is propably the "problem" :roll:

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
No way man . I have the driver seat on the driver side. Give me a little slack im not a total idiot. Nor am I 19yrs old. Comparing to Longroof79 pics his looks pretty tight too. I dont think mine has any less room.
Pass seat on the driver side? Man you got me hot with that one.

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Blake, Not knowing any better, I put all my adjusters/tracks in a pile one Saturday and it took me a while to get my head around what was going on. Now, throw in a set of Camaro adjusters/tracks, and a guy can get really screwed up. ...

I'm glad I'm not responsible for one of the keys or the codes. ...

:arrow: :roll: :arrow: :roll: :arrow: :roll: :arrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor