Budget Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
FWIW you can go on Amazon and get 5 filters for $20. I like to run a line off the fuel pump towards the front bumper. Loop it down and around 270 deg and attach one of those 3/8 fuel filters then 6" of line to the the hard metal line behind the alternator. That way it filters to the fuel before it hits the filter on the carb. Its a visual reference of fuel flow when running and if for whatever reason it lets go then it will squirt gas nowhere near any heat or spark. For the price of them and ease of change I replace them every second year

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Inline-Filters-Industrial-Performance/dp/B01LD94368/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1519094579&sr=8-5&keywords=3/8+fuel+filters

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You don't need to pull a head to verify if it's a 305, check the pad below the right head on the front of the block for engine assembly code.

vinnum1.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Dude look at this lol. I put on a Edelbrock street fuel filter.

please don't call me a dude, I don't know about anyone else but I think "dude" should only be used when

• You have a surfboard under your arm and are about to hit some gnarly waves.

• You just base-jumped off Mount Faber.

• You own a chain of Polynesian-themed bars.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You don't need to pull a head to verify if it's a 305, check the pad below the right head on the front of the block for engine assembly code.

vinnum1.jpg

Agreed that this will work as long as the deck hasn't been cut or the number is legible. 40 year old blocks in salt country can make reading this number a virtual impossibility

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Most of them leak enough oil they're well-preserved:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor