Buick 350

Street Sweeper22

Greasemonkey
Nov 18, 2017
I think I got the cylinders looking pretty good.
IMG_0481.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
if the engine was running those pistons, run em again. Wont hurt it a bit. Is there any other number on those pistons, specifically on top? I dont recall them having any, and as far as i'm aware only the factory buick pistons have the nipple on them from casting. I wonder if your calipers are wrong... there are no commercially available .050 buick pistons, i doubt there ever has been. measure all the cylinders cross ways, north-south, east-west. Something is off here.

Reactions: 1 users

Street Sweeper22

Greasemonkey
Nov 18, 2017
if the engine was running those pistons, run em again. Wont hurt it a bit. Is there any other number on those pistons, specifically on top? I dont recall them having any, and as far as i'm aware only the factory buick pistons have the nipple on them from casting. I wonder if your calipers are wrong... there are no commercially available .050 buick pistons, i doubt there ever has been. measure all the cylinders cross ways, north-south, east-west. Something is off here.
This what Hastings sent me so I ordered the 5474020. I’m going to follow there directions and send it. We will find out one way or the other.
IMG_0477.png
IMG_0485.png

Reactions: 1 user

350Regal

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2022
I did see in the one picture the piston says Z9329. With a google search "z9329 piston" it will brings up a .020 over piston. I see he says he ordered the "5474020" the last digits are 020 which is .020 i believe, atleast powersports piston numbers tend to be that way.

Reactions: 1 user

Street Sweeper22

Greasemonkey
Nov 18, 2017
I did see in the one picture the piston says Z9329. With a google search "z9329 piston" it will brings up a .020 over piston. I see he says he ordered the "5474020" the last digits are 020 which is .020 i believe, atleast powersports piston numbers tend to be that way.
Thank you for confirming what I was thinking. I was starting to have doubts lol

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor