Build or part it

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Rust on the doors like that usually means bad news underneath.
Otherwise, Grand Am front clip, cut the top off and baja it until it folds.

Reactions: 1 users

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Kind of funny how many people are scared of rust, I guess Im just used to it so thats a not an issue for me. After all these are at the newest 32 years old. I agree with the ones that say the A pillar and cowl is damaged just a question of how bad. The front stub on the frame looks to be slightly bent but that was in front of the swaybar. It has a damaged control arm where it was hit, would have to do some measuring to see if the frame is bent there.

• Agree

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
They're bad about collapsing the engine crossmember in a side hit

Cowl/pillar should pull....if not rusty

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
There's like 4 guys on here that could fix that car properly. I'd be willing to bet on Cowell damage to the lower A pillar a bad upper control arm and the top of the right rail being ugly ugly laid in and probably a kink in the lower engine crossmember below the oil pan. Out of the 4 guys on here that CAN do it I think only one would and it's not this one

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I'd part it... years ago when I was dumber, I'd swear that I could save it, but now it just looks like more energy than I care to give....

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Part it out.

Then again, elky bodies without the damage are pretty cheap around here.

But still, part it out.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Take it apart and inspect it.
You’ll never know the full damage until you get a good look at what you’ve got. The a pillar might be damaged superficially, but it’s most likely not bent too out of shape since the windshield isn’t broken from what I can see.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor