Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I think that if I were to build a Corvair today, it would use a Porsche 911 Transaxle and a Subaru FJ20t from a WRX, or the FJ24t from the WRX STi. Dune buggy guys have adopted these flat 4's with great success, and I am sure I could solve the cooling issue with a little creative thinking. I would also swap out the suspension front and rear with something more modern, maybe FD RX-7 front. The rear I would have to think about.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Update: Paint will go forth on Monday as I have it off and elected to go to Sea World today in lieu of putting the car together enough to drive it Thursday. Instead, I will put it together Thursday and spray it Monday with scuff and buff action Tuesday of next week. Cross your fingers for me that Hurricane Gustav doesn't ruin this for me. I really want this damn project done already!

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
it will be nice though once all the paint is on it so you don't have to worry about it so much with having to sit outside currently

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The Bird is long gone. I sent it to the Humane Society as I could not care for it. The car will be Navy Blue Metallic, which is (I think) a polychromatic blue with purple from Corvettes and F bodies of the late 90's early 2k's. To see the color, go back a page or two to see the fenders and hood in the paint booth. ( I paint cars in pieces)

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Good luck with the hurricane, with your car and mainly your home!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, I fell at work tonight and now am in extreme pain, but a lack of medical insurance, and feeling that the company's insurance will try to avoid paying my bills keeps me from going to the hospital. I hope it does not keep me from doing the car Monday, but I may now have bigger issues to deal with other than a rotten roof on my back porch and a car that needs paint. Why is it that every time I get close to fixing all my problems something like this happens? I finally had all my debts settled, went back to finish my degree, and was even close to being able to buy a brand new car again for work and commuting. I fell flat on my back, and now have excruciating pain in my tail bone. I really hope it is not broken and does not require surgery. Sorry to type all this, but I live alone and have to have a creative outlet to keep from thinking about the pain.

markcp

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2007
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Well, I fell at work tonight and now am in extreme pain, but a lack of medical insurance, and feeling that the company's insurance will try to avoid paying my bills keeps me from going to the hospital. I hope it does not keep me from doing the car Monday, but I may now have bigger issues to deal with other than a rotten roof on my back porch and a car that needs paint. Why is it that every time I get close to fixing all my problems something like this happens? I finally had all my debts settled, went back to finish my degree, and was even close to being able to buy a brand new car again for work and commuting. I fell flat on my back, and now have excruciating pain in my tail bone. I really hope it is not broken and does not require surgery. Sorry to type all this, but I live alone and have to have a creative outlet to keep from thinking about the pain.

Man sorry to hear that. Isn't workman's comp available if you were hurt on the job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor