Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I will also post an update no one will care about: I am now 31 miles from officially hitting 300,000 miles in my 1998 Nissan Frontier pickup. I am keeping my digital camera with me in the truck for the moment it hits 299,999 followed by 300,000. I would have done it tonight but we were dead slow and I didn't get enough deliveries.

Thats exactly what what I plan to do when my car hits 200,000 miles. I am kinda scared to do it though because I know someone who did that with his car and shortly after he threw a rod through the block. :shock:

I did it! I hit 300,000. I even have pictures to prove it, but have not uploaded them yet.

that is nuts, i doubt i will ever personally put that many miles on a vehicle

The reason I had bought the thing in 1998 was that I knew so many people who had reached over 300k on them. It's actually common for older Nissans to hit 300-500k miles with no rebuild, and I have probably known of around 8 80's and 90's Nissan Sentras , and D21 and D22 ( Frontier) pickups with that sort of mileage which were still daily drivers. I figured I would see 40-50k miles a year, so the warranty would not cover it for long. I needed something which would not bankrupt me with repair bills and would outlast the 5 year finance plan. I was thinking of selling it to help pay for a new car, but it somehow seems wrong. It would be like Roy Rogers trading in Trigger on a new pony. So..what to do with it? Put it out to pasture in the back yard and eventually have it stuffed? :lol: I think I'll keep driving it for a little while longer though, and fix the A/C and front suspension issues it now has. That way, I can take the tags off and put it in the back yard and have another good car to use if I ever need it, or sell it without feeling like I was selling someone a death trap.

midwestls said:
😀 Go 4 a million?! 😀

That would be cruel and unusual punishment...for both of us! :lol:

l_e847556376a09dbcfb3fc0c66cf79f92.jpg

l_98f95775f3e48ad7ffd18d6c36ac981d.jpg

Here's what a 300,000 mile, one owner 1998 Nissan Frontier Pizza Delivery truck looks like:

Engine:
l_1e4a3dc2e45ac7538b5ac3baaabf3ea7.jpg

Note the peeling paint ( black spot) and cracked turn signal lens. The truck was repainted a few years back, but could really use it again.
l_38c1b9afd621d39d7b79e19c10f0fe3e.jpg

As you can tell, this thing is actually used as a truck, not male enhancement!
l_f4032e8de4359cf4deab0c1119948b78.jpg

Also note the bumpersticker supporting the local Republican Congressman. My parents are community organizers for the local Republican Party and gave it to me. I have to get a McCain sticker to balance it out on the other side.

congrats! i say put her to pasture in the backyard. never know when you may need it sometime

The biggest negative to the backyard plan is that rust is so insidious in Florida due to the high humidity. Sitting on grass would mean it was always sitting over moisture, and it could rot out things in a hurry, or make it unusable due to rubber deterioration. I want to take it off the insurance if I can get rid of my 1979 AMC Spirit and put my Olds in the garage (finally). That way, I can save $100 a month on insurance and just drive whatever new car I get. I do worry about code enforcement going in my yard and telling me I can't have my car there, so I would have to spend a few hundred dollars of fencing and posts to keep prying eyes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor