Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Cross your fingers... I may try to paint it tomorrow depending on how much sleep I get, and the availability of the booth. Of course, the booth is 30 miles away, and the people I rent from don't like to answer their phone, so it may not happen. I am finally starting to fall asleep before sunrise, so it may actually have a chance of working!

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
this would come on page 13, good luck!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, no paint today. I decided to replace what I thought was a bad upper ball joint on my truck. It was bad, but the truck still has popping in the front end. This despite all 4 ball joints checking out with the normal inspection procedures as well as the steering linkage. I have a bad TC rod bushing, so I bought a new set and will see if it helps. Front end problems scare me, especially on a 300k mile vehicle since you really don't know how much time you have left!

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
so....it's been a while, any news?

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Yeah Yeah Yeah!!! I can't wait to see your car in paint!!!!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I actually managed to get up the energy to put the driver's seat sort of in it and some tail lights today. Then I drove it.... It didn't drive very well. I need to set up the carburetor and distributor better as it had an odd miss that reminded me of how one of those old flywheel engines sound from the 1800's. The biggest things keeping me from painting it right now are school and insomnia. I am getting almost no sleep on school days and then I need to sleep my days off or do homework during them. I am thinking of going to my doctor and getting on Ambien. The fact that it takes me 4-6 hours to fall asleep is just ridiculous. I also want some Phenteramine, but that's because I gotta lose weight again. The combination of Calculus, Chemistry, and a full time job leave me almost no time to devote to the car. That, and my constant struggles with depression and loneliness leave me with little motivation to do anything most of the time. Anyhow, I'll see how it goes. If it gets done it will likely be on a Thursday...hopefully this one (but don't hold your breath). The farthest away it would be is mid December after finals week. I have 2-3 weeks off and want to get the car painted and my roof fixed during that time as my next semester will be even harder.

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
sh*t

cutty your a bad mother ****er lol. I also had some depression issues at one time, wanting to drive my car into a river at one point. It wanst this car though. All my friends were leaving for school after high school. I got fired from many jobs, had no money and had to borrow from parents, Now things are great. Yeah its too bad I dont live near ya, id hang out with ya all the time.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, the depression has to do with the opposite sex and my lack of any meaningful relationship thereof. A total lack of any positive experience in this regard at 34 yrs old makes me believe I will be alone all my life.

Anyhow, I got the car running right today, so that's one hurdle overcome in the quest to paint it soon. Plug wires don't work too well when they get too old, and this car has sat for a long time. I think I last replaced them in 1997.

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Well, the depression has to do with the opposite sex and my lack of any meaningful relationship thereof. A total lack of any positive experience in this regard at 34 yrs old makes me believe I will be alone all my life.

To be totally honest, unless your a 40yr old virgin that isnt in a movie.
Relationships are over rated, wastes of money and too much stress.
If you can hit tail and not have to be locked down, you have the best of both worlds.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
To be totally honest, unless your a 40yr old virgin that isnt in a movie.
Relationships are over rated, wastes of money and too much stress.
If you can hit tail and not have to be locked down, you have the best of both worlds.

X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor