Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
toner283 said:
Secondly and I am sure most of the guys on the board will back me up on this - PAINT YOUR DAMN CAR.

😱 There's not much he hasn't done by himself on the car, did you even look at this thread?

I'm gunna hijack the thread for a post cuz I'm sick of people slammin brougham for whatever he wants to do or how to live his life.

I'll be blunt. The trick to finding someone is to realize you're a guy and have balls. Don't need to be a jerk, but don't be a washup. All a guy needs is a plan and direction and to be secure with himself. That's what girls want, the type of girl is just a personal preference. If that plan is to sell your stuff and concentrate on a degree, social life, and career, then that's what you need to do. I wouldn't say to move in with the parents, because that's turning girls off - it's like you're living your parents plan, not yours.

I have had a few roommates, and it was never fun for me. 2 of them were girls, but they didn't bring anyone around that I would consider fun. I agree that moving back in with my parents would not be the most fun idea in the world, but I think it is my best option right now. I will take some time to evaluate it all over the next few months and see where I am at. If I do end up ridding myself of all my toys, I will probably buy a nice newer car that is cool to drive instead of relying on my 306,000 mile pickup. I was thinking about a Mustang GT in black with a 5 speed and chrome rims. Cookie cutter yes, but it would have drawing power to it for the opposite sex. Plus, it would be fun without an extensive rebuild. I am not completely decided yet on exactly what I will do, but I do know that I still have time to decide, and that no matter what I need to finish up my house and get rid of at least one project car. If I keep a project it will be my Cutlass. Trust me, my current life is no fun. It leaves me obligated on every weekend night and gives me Mondays and Thursdays off--not exactly the best nights to go out and have fun. I can't even go to the test and tune night at the local dragstrip because that's on a Wednesday. I end up spending 50-60 hours a week on school and work with additional time spent on vehicle and house maintenance as well. That's what I want a break from.

do you have any degrees already? i think you may have mentioned that? maybe you should look into a higher paying job that uses your schooling? i can not even imagine having a house payment at 550 a month, that wont get you much where i live unless you want a shack in the ghetto. maybe sell your amc and go down to one project car? i should listen to myself there, i have 4 project cars lol. i know it may be tough to keep it all going and i am not going to tell you how to live your life but i think selling the house would be a bad call. in nebraska if you sell your house and do not reinvest your cash whithin so many years you get taxed on it, not sure if they do that where you are at or not. i do live in the "tax me state" lol

I have no degree yet, but should have 57 credit hours by the end of this semester if I pass everything. Unfortunately, I need 60 credits to get anything, and that anything is just a general AA. That and $1.25 gets you a cup of coffee or a job managing the place that sells the coffee. I have no specialization yet, and am going for an all or nothing Mechanical Engineering degree that takes 5 years to complete. The other problem is that I don't have the time to spend on my education that is necessary to raise my GPA from the current 2.8 to the 3.0 I need to transfer to the university. I may be able to do it as an undergrad, but at the time of transfer I had always planned to sell off the house and go to school 12-16 credit hours a semester. I have no interest in doing anything else except maybe winning the lottery...lol. I have worked as a restaurant manager, but it's a dead end that was killing me inside. I need to create and be free to some extent. The only other things I enjoy are meteorology, writing, history and miscellaneous technical pursuits. I love dealing in theory, and engineering is all about the theory.

Plus, you have to remember, the only real difference between me and someone who is just out of High School is number of years on the Earth. I have no credit card debt, no car payments, no kids and no attachments other than the house and cars. If I get rid of them then I am free to pursue some of my other interests without the shackles imposed upon me by the house and cars. I may finally be able to go storm chasing like I have always wanted to before I get tied up with another job. I have always wanted to see tornadoes, but all I can do here is chase hurricanes.

sh*t

man why the **** dont ya go into history or philosophy like I am. Dont let people say youll never get a job in that area becasue they are just narrow minded. I dont wanna be a teacher either like everyone that asks me. I want to be a historion/journalist/researcher. Ive got 77 credits after this semester is over. You love writing and history and technical data. What more is there for you to not like about the field that I am going into. its the same interests. You should take more philosophy classes.

Engineering has always been my dream, and I am tired of not pursuing my dreams. If I fail at this, I really don't lose anything. My life sucks now and it will suck if I fail. But if I give up my dream then for the rest of my life I will always wonder what might have been had I tried to make it work. I am done sacrificing my dreams for the practical realities of life. I just need to try and do what I always knew I could. I am capable of high math and science, I love designing and building things, so why not do it for a living? History is a study of the past, I want to make my mark on the future of humanity.

I am a pessimist on a lot of things, but I do know who I am and what I can do and when I am right. I may never have the confidence to pursue a woman I don't know, but I have all the confidence I need to pursue and succeed at any other endeavor. It's a paradox I tried to explain to someone who was struggling to understand how someone as arrogant as I come across could have so little self confidence. It's hard to explain, but basically I have confidence in proven fact and provable theory. Other human beings I do not know are not constants in the equation, so I don't know how to configure the problem to come out with the solution I seek. Since I see life in terms of equations rather than emotions most of the time, I don't know how to react to unknown people. I may be an overly emotional person, but I temper that with extreme logic. It tends to be safer that way even though it keeps me from ever being really happy. It also keeps me from being really sad. Unfortunately I cannot just accept the equilibrium all the time, and that results in me being hurt. I am pretty much over the hurt I felt as of now, but I am now trying to process the data I gained from the experience to put it into a workable model for future encounters.

I will also say that if you understand AA Milne's character Eeyore, you get a little bit of why I am who I am. (That is why it's part of my E-Mail address.) I won't bore you further with the details of my messed up way of thinking.

sorry to post this in your thread

but when I took off my alternator tonight as youll read in my thread, I noticed the ignition harness has quite a bit of corrosion in it. Why would this be. Another sign of a bad alternator. This should prolly be replaced too im imagining. they are like 9 bucks.

mechanical engineering huh? cant get a job doing that? B.S! i am a pipeline designer and i started doing it long before i had a degree! and i was making house payments before i had my degree, point it i was getting paid well and the experiance i got from being in the job before my degree went further then my degree ever did. i have had many freinds go to school and not be able to get a job when they got out because they had zero experiance actually doing it. my suggestion is to get a job in the field in which you plan to go so you can build the experiance and have a foot in the door somewhere so when you get your degree. hard work? yea it is, thats life, life is hard work. i use to do 18 credit hours plus 4 more every semester on auto body or welded sculpture or something that i had interest for fun and work 2 jobs and have a relationship so if i can do it i am sure you can do it. are you healthy? handicap? deaf? blind? born without a c*ck? then your life doesnt suck, your attitude on life sucks.

mechanical engineering huh? cant get a job doing that? B.S! i am a pipeline designer and i started doing it long before i had a degree! and i was making house payments before i had my degree, point it i was getting paid well and the experiance i got from being in the job before my degree went further then my degree ever did. i have had many freinds go to school and not be able to get a job when they got out because they had zero experiance actually doing it. my suggestion is to get a job in the field in which you plan to go so you can build the experiance and have a foot in the door somewhere so when you get your degree. hard work? yea it is, thats life, life is hard work. i use to do 18 credit hours plus 4 more every semester on auto body or welded sculpture or something that i had interest for fun and work 2 jobs and have a relationship so if i can do it i am sure you can do it. are you healthy? handicap? deaf? blind? born without a c*ck? then your life doesnt suck, your attitude on life sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor