Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success! I finally got my passenger's fender lower molding after an almost 7 week long search! I also scored the hood ornament (with a broken attaching nut post) with all 4 red plastic thingies in good shape. The cost? The cheapest I have gotten out of a junkyard in many, many years- $2 ! (Plus the $2 entry fee and the gas to drive the 50 mile round trip....) The car had been out there for less than 2 days and already someone had snagged the cowl scoop and 3 of the 4 chrome rally wheels. From the looks of it, it had obviously been owned by a kid or an adult that didn't know what the hell they were doing. They may have been a Florida Gators fan judging by the dark blue body with bright orange hood paint scheme. The car was a Brougham with burgundy interior and most of the trimmings. It had a wrong year 3.8 under the hood and the car was generally a mess. I should have checked for more stuff, but I am broke and really needed only those two parts to move forward with my car. Next purchases needed are the headliner shell and an Olds sport steering wheel in dark blue. I may also try to hunt down a rebuilt TH 2004R in a wreck just so that I can mechanically complete the car in a way that makes it viable transportation. I would need to buy too much for the manual swap right now, so I am looking for the cheaper alternative.

I also plan to start selling off my extra parts to make a bit of money for the project soon. I have no choice as I need the money and need to get rid of them before I sell my house this summer. I am moving back in with my parents to go to school full time, so everything has to go. After I get a phone, I will put up a listing of all my spares with prices and pictures.

Here are a few more of my pieces to go on the car soon.

Dash:
l_1042c1e1cdb04522a10f87683ea97205.jpg

l_ee4e8c62fe3a4aa6b6d967426e584f32.jpg

Before and after on the lock cylinders:

l_c65e74413fae45cba3cf1059d76d59fb.jpg

Test fitting a sub box with 2 10's:

l_668404f0fa0e455ba809264a4e5f46a0.jpg

My organized and semi-cataloged tray of GM Metric bolts, etc:

l_591ed36647084b729f19278bdd3d8c02.jpg

Before and after on the lock switches. The Swirl X is what I used to polish the plastic chrome pieces.

l_e248a1c4e06c4afc99a6e5ee4a84b365.jpg

Stereo equipment and 2 boxes I have to choose from:

l_abca7c5b031c4bec8d3f51ac6fd64002.jpg

Olds Intrigue Compass/ Thermometer/Map Light/Self Dimming Mirror:

l_1a570d20760f3dbf54ec8da2bfebc130.jpg

I still need to write up how to do the lock switch, and hinge rebuilds. All the pics are uploaded, but I haven't felt like tackling the actual writing of it all.

The reverse lights are garbage, and I plan to replace them later on. The dash has but one frustrating flaw. Where the parking brake release cable goes in, part of the hole is cracked and it is missing a little bit of the blue vinyl in there. I will rebuild it with epoxy, and the handle should cover it and make it all but unnoticeable. It sucks that it has that flaw, but it is very hard to find a good one these days. I also have another dash that is almost flawless in brown. I plan to sell that one off when school is out and I have some extra time to dedicate to E-bay.

Blake442 said:
I could use a nice brown dash for my wagon...

Well, I will probably have enough time to start selling and shipping stuff by the second week of May (I have finals the first week). I'd probably be looking for $100 for it, but I want to look closer at it and post pics of it along with any flaws it might have before I settle on a price with anyone. I did try to sell it on here once before, but had no takers.

That's fine, I'm in no hurry. I'm not too enthused about taking the dash back out, but there aren't any nice ones in the junkyard here, even with the huge selection I have at my fingers... Keep me in mind when you start going through your stuff.

Will do. I have a few people who have been interested in some of the stuff I have, but I just haven't had the time to deal with selling any of it if it is not local. I have T tops and all the metal parts to go with them, a bunch of interior stuff, etc. lying around the house that I need to sell or give away before I try to sell my house this summer. When I start selling off stuff, if you need anything specific let me know. I do see a decent enough selection of G bodies when I go to the junkyards and may be able to find what you are looking for. I may have to revisit that as a business as I need to make some money here to finish the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor