Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Will do. I have a few people who have been interested in some of the stuff I have, but I just haven't had the time to deal with selling any of it if it is not local. I have T tops and all the metal parts to go with them, a bunch of interior stuff, etc. lying around the house that I need to sell or give away before I try to sell my house this summer. When I start selling off stuff, if you need anything specific let me know. I do see a decent enough selection of G bodies when I go to the junkyards and may be able to find what you are looking for. I may have to revisit that as a business as I need to make some money here to finish the car.

i'd be interested in those chrome bumper cover trim strips that you told me you had, for the front and back, mine are junk, and also if you spot some bucket seat chrome hinge covers, top and bottoms, i'll be needing some

I'll try to remember that you want them. I will post when I am "Open for business" in this thread after finals, so just keep watching and remind me when the time comes.

ok thanks, are you the only member to have a 35 page thread? Mr. Popular :D lol. I like your idea of keeping a stash of GM hardware, I have my own lil collection started, mine not as organized as yours, but it's a not a bad thing to do, i have alot of the lil stainless interior and trim screws, etc...

Well, I grab the loose fasteners from GM cars I come across when in the junkyard and add them to my collection whenever I can. I think the organizer was around $10 when I got it and it makes it much easier to put the thing back together when it has been apart for so long.

Frustration!!!! Insomnia!!! Calculus!!!!! I have a makeup test to take in the morning and I haven't slept all night. I tried to go to bed starting at 6pm last night. Yes, I have been in bed for almost 12 hours now without the ability to fall asleep. I can be at the college no later that 11:45 am to take my test, so that rules out sleep. On top of that, I still have no phone because I have no time to take care of the bill, am late on my car insurance too, and I need to help a friend tomorrow replace the intake manifold on his 2002 Mustang GT's 4.6 Modular motor. If I don't he can't work because he delivers pizza like me and it's his only car. Add to that I have finals Monday,need an A in the class to transfer to the university, am late on all my bills and umm... yeah. I am more than a little bit stressed out. I just want it to all be over with for a while. I don't see this ending well. I get the material, but I am too stressed out to even think straight. I am going to try and take it at 8am, so I can come back home and sleep for a while, but that still leaves the manifold issue for me to deal with on a complicated modern car with an engine I have never touched before.

Since I sometimes use this as a personal blog, I'll post this here. It looks like I failed Calculus I again. Erratic sleep, constant dread about the future of the country and a lack of money have occupied my mind too much to concentrate. I was at a critical point in which if I got an A on a test from last week and an A on the final with a high enough grade, I would have had a chance at an A in the class. But, I got an F on the last test, and do not think my prospects are good on the final. We went over the last chapter for maybe 3 days in class, one of which I overslept. Unfortunately, the material from that last chapter was in probably 30% of the Final problems! Not good when you did poorly on logarithmic differentiation and integration. So, I blanked out. This despite doing 4 hours of practice problems before the test. The worst part though is that to take it a 3rd time I will have to pay about $1400, as opposed to the $375 I paid this time. Yeah, I have to pay the out of state rate. I don't want to ask for the money from my grandfather as I am too ashamed of myself for wasting his money like that. He had been funding my education until now. I am grateful for that, but can't see hitting him up for that kind of cash due to my failure as a human being.

i feel for ya man. sounds like everything is getting in the way of everything. i would ask your grandfather for the money as it sounds if you don't retake that test, you'll be wasting everything he has put in. ask for some time off of work. end of semester is streessful ayways. making the 300 bones you need each week isn't flunking out of college right now.

The sad thing is that I can't afford time off work right now. I have not even had a phone since the night I painted the Cutlass, and I went without paying the bill so I could afford the booth rental. I am almost to the point now, 2 months later, where I can finally have a phone again. My truck has decided to develop a... "unique" electrical problem with the A/C, where the compressor clutch only comes on when the key is off. Turn the key on, and it shuts off. So, now I face Florida's summer with no A/C, delivering pizza. I am trying to use my FSM to trace the circuit and hopefully find out that it is something other than the ECM... which is what I think it is. I knew the economy would get bad, but it is getting scary for me. Business is way down, as are my tips. I am probably down an average of $4 an hour. Sadly, it is still a better paying job than I can get elsewhere as everyone else wants to pay $10 an hour or less, and I can't live on that.

Well, not related to the Cutlass, but I did help with an engine swap in a 1973 Camaro RS (split bumper) today. I am planning on swapping the engine and transmission in my 1979 AMC Spirit next week so I can sell it to raise money to finish the Cutlass. The tie in is that the hoist to change engines in the AMC is the one that was used in the Camaro swap, as it is my neighbor's car.

Any progress lately??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor